27/06/17 - 15:36 PM

Author Topic: Mobius Legends Issue #2 Released  (Read 5337 times)

Offline The Shadow Imperator

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:31:08 PM by The Shadow Imperator »

Offline Fandom cop

Re: Mobius Legends Issue #2 Released
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 04:35:15 PM »
I'll give it credit. I think it's a step up from the 1st comic. I won't lie, the 1st comic was a bit rough, had a few rough patches here and there, but the 2nd comic has more to it. Stories have more depth and will continue, it's sort of like an archie version of STC with length, but that's not bad of course.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
Not bad. I'm liking this short-story direction you've been taking.

However, there's a slight mistake. Page 4 of "Invaders from Beyond" is repeated again for page 5. You might want to fix that glitch.

Also, was anyone else distracted by that Archie Sonic advertisement in the background of "A Maiden's Heart"? Either Sonic had grown extremely popular during his first visit to Station Square or someone was secretly using his likeness to sell comicbooks. Either that or I might be over-analyzing it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:44:28 PM by LogiTeeka »

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 05:07:23 PM »
Just finished reading issue 2 and was having a blast. Great job to everyone involved and can't wait for Issue 3! One question I have is concerning the fun facts which states that the "Invaders From Beyond" story was adapting unused pages and I was wondering where they come from. Are these unused pages available online?

Also to answer your question LogiTeeka, the Archie Sonic ad certainly caught my eye, but it didn't really bother me all that much personally.
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 05:08:27 PM »
Sorry about the missing Invaders page; will fix that ASAP.

Original story can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/h9olk0m.jpg

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 05:09:45 PM »
Looks like I'll have to wait to read this: currently on 4G, and it's taking forever to download just the cover :(

Offline GentlemanX

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 05:11:16 PM »
However, there's a slight mistake. Page 4 of "Invaders from Beyond" is repeated again for page 5. You might want to fix that glitch.
Fixed.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 05:11:46 PM »
@RaceProUK The cover is particularly large, yeah. I have that same problem, but the rest of the book loads alright.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »
Wow! That was a fantastic read, props to all involved. I guess my only real complaint is that most of these stories feel like prologues to stories that we may never seen. But still fantastic nonetheless.

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 05:16:46 PM »
Sorry about the missing Invaders page; will fix that ASAP.

Original story can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/h9olk0m.jpg

Thank you very much! Seeing how I love to research and find unused Sonic content whether it be the games or comics, I'm surprised that I didn't come across this or knew this existed. Makes me wonder if Ian was planning on some sort of Sonic Chronicles adaption in the main universe instead of being "Another Time, Another Place" thing that's just there to advertise said game.
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

Offline GentlemanX

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »
Looks like I'll have to wait to read this: currently on 4G, and it's taking forever to download just the cover :(
The cover has now been replaced by a smaller quality version.

Thank you very much! Seeing how I love to research and find unused Sonic content whether it be the games or comics, I'm surprised that I didn't come across this or knew this existed. Makes me wonder if Ian was planning on some sort of Sonic Chronicles adaption in the main universe instead of being "Another Time, Another Place" thing that's just there to advertise said game.
Ian said that was the plan, saying "the groundwork was already done".

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 05:26:49 PM »

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 05:35:59 PM »
Ian said that was the plan, saying "the groundwork was already done".

Was probably a SEGA mandate to do a short story as for Sonic Chronicles as it was the new Sonic game at the time of issue #191. Did he mention that in the Bumbleking forums or in a episode of Bumblekast?

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 05:49:24 PM »
Maybe someone has more info on it, but I searched Bumbleking for a bit and found this:

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22945#p22945

I probably ought to get this out there to stave off the "You Should've!" posts.

We originally were going to do an in-canon tie-in. Without violating my NDA, I'll say that things can mesh surprisingly well. But it was decided that we would do a non-canon adaptation of the backstory to the game's main story.

So the groundwork for integrating Shade and the Marauders is already done behind the scenes. It's now a question of when we'll be able to do that.
You've given up, now try 7up.

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 05:54:49 PM »
Cool, thanks Mister X! That's really interesting on how the Chronicles stuff supposedly meshed well with the lore of the old universe and since Lost Hedgehog Tales is on hiatus until the foreseeable future, we probably won't know how it would've played out for a good while.