21/06/18 - 09:11 AM

Author Topic: Cutting Room Floor  (Read 5030 times)

Cutting Room Floor
« on: October 11, 2016, 04:17:02 PM »
So, with the announcement of GentlemanX as the head writer of the project, I thought it would be interesting for other potential writers to share what they had in mind for the comic if they had been head writer. Since I already posted this on my Deviantart, I though I'd share with you the basics of my pitch on here as well

http://mavrickindigo.deviantart.com/art/Archie-Sonic-Online-Plan-Revealed-639573317

Anyone else have things they want to divulge?

(note the "redacted" bits may actually see the light of day, so take that as a little teaser.

Re: Cutting Room Floor
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 04:20:53 PM »
Well, I had plans for there to be a final showdown between Sonic and Mecha Sally if I was chosen, and I had a little comic sketched out for how it would start.

Page 1: http://sta.sh/0445n4m5c7d

Page 2: http://sta.sh/0p6m10f2ati

Page 3: http://sta.sh/05r33odt75j

Also, Metal Silver: http://sta.sh/0sh6o0vujub

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 04:32:58 PM »
Interesting use of "HI SAL" I dig that

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 04:46:17 PM »
I'm just going to quote myself:
After the obvious rescue and restoration of Sally Acorn, and the deus ex machina resurrection recovery of Antoine, I'd actually put ol' Eggo to one side for a bit. Partly to allow him time to regroup, and partly to allow the Freedom Fighters some time to come to terms with what happened. I'd then want to cover getting Sally reinstated as leader of the Freedom Fighters, and the struggle she and the others go through to get to that goal. Meanwhile, Universe would have at least one arc devoted to Knuckles getting his beloved the echidnas back (Chrome's spellcheck suggested I change echidnas to enchiladas :D).

But that's the obvious stuff, the stuff we'd all do. What comes after, I hear you ask? Well, personally, I feel there's still potential with one thing in particular, one thing that hasn't received a lot of attention since 1993. So what I would do is return to Little Planet, with a pared-down FF group of just Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Sally. At this point, Sally's got over the trauma of being roboticised (sort of), and Eggman's regrouped. Given his Genesis Wave plans failed so utterly, he decides to revisit an older plan, but this time, do it better. Instead of doing what he did in Sonic CD and going back in time to start his conquest early, he'd go back in time to eliminate the Freedom Fighters before they were even born. Yes, I know that'd cause a paradox, but I'm sure I could figure something out. Of course, Eggman will fail and the Freedom Fighters will save the day, as is standard for the franchise. Thing is though, once the FF team wins, there will then be a suggestion that they use the Time Stones to eliminate the threat of Eggman, much like Eggman was going to use them to eliminate the Freedom Fighters. And it'll be Sally who leads the charge, as payback for Mecha Sally, leaving it up to the others to convince her it's a very bad idea, and to remind her of who she really is.

That would be in the main comic, with Universe picking up stuff like the echidna civilisations re-establishing themselves, Lien-da and the Dark Egg Legion reclaiming their status with Eggman, and to break up the seriousness, a fun Chaotix arc, and maybe something with the Babylon Rogues too.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 05:26:30 PM »
Who are these four apprentices that Naugus chose? Judging by their vague description, I can't help but be reminded of Wendy and the Witchcarters.

As for the later "Chronicles" adaption, I think it would be better to have Eggman himself return. His apparent death by the Super Genesis Wave sounds pretty anticlimactic, so a returning role would be much appreciated. Least, that's my opinion.

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 05:36:55 PM »
I kept it vague for the purposes of inserting people in there based on what the editorial team would have wanted, but if I had my way they would include...

Posey the Possum (or another former member of the Sonic fan club)
Betty Butterfly
Tails
Leeta or Lyco

As for bringing Eggman back then and there, that was always a possibility, not one I advocated, but one that would be easy to slot in, since everything I wanted to get done with him dead would be completed.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:40:07 PM by Mavrickindigo »

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 05:41:28 PM »
Lol No one would want to read my 20-some pages of verbal barf.

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 05:48:04 PM »
Lol No one would want to read my 20-some pages of verbal barf.

People don't seem to mind reading my overly-long documents so I don't see any harm in reading yours.

I kept it vague for the purposes of inserting people in there based on what the editorial team would have wanted, but if I had my way they would include...

Posey the Possum (or another former member of the Sonic fan club)
Betty Butterfly
Tails
Leeta or Lyco

Interesting choices. If I were to add more obscure characters to that list, I would've gone with Fanny Dupin, Jeremiah, Erik Horse and Tatiana (making the latter two relatives of Sir Connery and Tig Stripe respectively).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:56:40 PM by LogiTeeka »

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 07:42:22 PM »
Well...okay.

Here's the Doc for my verbal barfchan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ejgRhRU3mbJfN0Wi1GA6yUFltLCrQGx34zM7kxGJqdQ/pub

Nah man, your doc isn't verbal barf. It was a very interesting read, in fact everyone who has posted so far had interesting ideas for what they wanted to do. You're a better writer than I'll ever hope to be so don't beat yourself up, it was very good.  :)

So, with the announcement of GentlemanX as the head writer of the project, I thought it would be interesting for other potential writers to share what they had in mind for the comic if they had been head writer. Since I already posted this on my Deviantart, I though I'd share with you the basics of my pitch on here as well

http://mavrickindigo.deviantart.com/art/Archie-Sonic-Online-Plan-Revealed-639573317

Anyone else have things they want to divulge?

(note the "redacted" bits may actually see the light of day, so take that as a little teaser.

Just read through the whole thing and was very intrigued. The way everything was seemed to connect in the long term was very Ian Flynn-esque plans as he also likes to plan stories out in advance that will benefit in the long run. If you ever get around to it, it'll be very cool to see your plans for all the individual characters and what they would've gone through, I was... just sucked in to your version of the old Archie Sonic canon that it felt like reading Lost Hedgehog Tales (if it was fully released anyway  :P)

Too bad that you couldn't really get into your Sonic Universe pitches, the "Big Story Never Told" and the Sonic Chronicles adaption. I would actually like to know more about those in the same detail you presented your pitch to the main book. Thanks for taking your time to organize this and post it for us to see, I find it interesting to see what other people would've done if they had their way with things.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:59:49 AM by LargoDELLZ »
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 03:09:26 AM »
More resently I made a 16 issue plan; for 248 i would just had everyone escape with Silver staying behind 249 would be Naugus stealing GUNs chaos emeralds and usung his three emeralds to recover, 250 would be team freedom and Mecha Sally vs Team Metal and Eggman with Team Metal being destroyed and Eggman retreating to the death egg ordering it's laser to fire on New Mobotropolis with naugus shooting his own laser that overwelms the Death Eggs and destroys a large portion of it then Silver would capture Eggman in Snivlys Egg capsule and Finally Naugus derobotisizeing Sally knowing it would be good for trust from the city I've already gone on long enough though I would finish it with Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles vs Super Scourge and Dr Finitevus

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 05:23:35 AM »
Nah man, your doc isn't verbal barf. It was a very interesting read, in fact everyone who has posted so far had interesting ideas for what they wanted to do. You're a better writer than I'll ever hope to be so don't beat yourself up, it was very good.  :)

Just read through the whole thing and was very intrigued. The way everything was seemed to connect in the long term was very Ian Flynn-esque plans as he also likes to plan stories out in advance that will benefit in the long run. If you ever get around to it, it'll be very cool to see your plans for all the individual characters and what they would've gone through, I was... just sucked in to your version of the old Archie Sonic canon that it felt like reading Lost Hedgehog Tales (if it was fully released anyway  :P)

Too bad that you couldn't really get into your Sonic Universe pitches, the "Big Story Never Told" and the Sonic Chronicles adaption. I would actually like to know more about those in the same detail you presented your pitch to the main book. Thanks for taking your time to organize this and post it for us to see, I find it interesting to see what other people would've done if they had their way with things.

Thanks for the compliments. I will doublecheck with the editorial staff, but there really isn't much more to say about the Sonic Universe stuff without going into too much detail on "the Big Plan." I am holding out for hope to be able to do something with that day, so I don't want to spoil too much. As for the Silver one, it was kinda "mech" but the idea was there. Probably could use a few more tweaks.

And I never put much thought on how the adaptation would go. I figured since Archie will probably never do one, then we should give it a shot. I wanted to wait until I had the position before I went over any of the details.

Will look into adapting my character analyses, though.

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 03:27:24 PM »
I've been waiting for a thread like this to happen.  Really cool, gutsy ideas Mavrick.  Liked the ideas of a Sonic/Zonic SU arc, a proper Chronicles adaption and Amy heading off to Mercia.  Seeing how you left out some big parts, I'm left wondering if some of your ideas are under consideration to be used, or is just so you don't want to leave everything on the table in case you ever get the chance to fully flesh out those ideas?

As for my pitch, I'll be honest I didn't really have the time to write, refine and intricately detail my ideas, nor did I really have much confidence in them.  Here's the full deal.

Well, it took a while, but I got my submission ready.  If I'm honest I don't think it's totally perfect.  I just didn't have much time to work on it, so if I haven't completely followed all the guidelines, made continuity faux pas', or made simply made things too vague, then I apologise.  I would've made something more detailed if the opportunity arose, but it just never came.  Hopefully you can at least find some ideas that might be good to use in some capacity.  Thanks for your time and please, let 'er rip with the criticism if you have any, which you probably will. :P

HEAD WRITER SUBMISSION

At All Costs Part 2 summary.

The issue begins with Sonic and the gang with a deactivated Mecha Sally.  Sonic quickly tells the team they can escape with Sally in tow and the group make haste for the Arctic Freedom Fighters.  Meanwhile, Eggman discovers, to his frustration, that Sonic has taken Sally away.  Infuriated, he orders Metal Sonic to go after them.  The scene switches back to Sonic meeting with everyone else.  Augustus is severely injured and needs to get out as soon as possible, so Sonic decides they split up, knowing Eggman will want him and Sally more than the local freedom fighters.  Amy worries how desperate Eggman will get, but Sonic confidently acknowledges he's him before when he was at his most desperate, only to suddenly come face to face with Metal Sonic.
Far away in Mobotropolis Team Freedom struggle against the monstrous Tails Doll that is starting to absorb the nanites.  Rotor reluctantly admits Naugus' crystal magic would come in handy and asks Nicole if the device she'd been working can be used on the wizard now, but she explains it's not quite completed yet.  However she does wonder why St John isn't coming to help, as well as hoping the Secret Freedom Fighters might have received her call for assistance.  It's also revealed that Shard is still in critical condition from Forged in Fire.
Switching back to Sonic, the group find a much greater challenge in facing the more intelligent and upgraded Metal Sonic.  Silver tries to get a shot at deactivating him, only to be knocked unconscious by the robot.  Realising how he's top priority to Metal, Sonic tells Amy and Tails to escape with Silver and Sally while he plays the distraction.  It works, further infuriating Eggman, who orders Metal to give chase.  He reluctantly does so, urging Sonic to chase after him as well.
Back in Mobotropolis Tails Doll has gained the upper hand, destroying most of the building and leaving the team with few options.
The fight is taken outside of the Death Egg back in the tundra.  The others have just gotten to the Tornado, but Metal is right onto them.  Luckily Sonic keeps him busy enough to let the gang reluctantly leave at his order.  Despite their scuffle, Metal makes a break for it, urging Sonic to relentlessly pursue.  The issue ends with Eggman ordering that the Death Egg is on the move as soon as possible for New Mobotropolis.

PLANS FOR SUBSEQUENT ISSUES

At All Costs Part 3
The issue continues At All Costs and takes Team Fighters back to New Mobotropolis, with Metal Sonic right on their tale.  Once there, they discover Tails Doll rampaging through the city.  Metal is temporarily held back by Heavy and Bomb.  Meeting with the rest of Team Freedom and St John (whom Sonic and Tails grow suspicious of) they plan on nabbing Tails Doll's control gem and stop it absorbing the nanites.  With some help from the Secret Freedom Fighters, Tails Doll is shut down, but before they can celebrate, a greatly damaged Heavy and Bomb crash land before them, signalling Metal Sonic's attack.
A Battle of Wills
A short story reveals the Naugus possessed St John watching the battle, angered that his new plan might be put into jeopardy.  It's quickly revealed that Nicole has been constructing a special power ring that will give Naugus the ability to wish for his body to be stable and be rid of  the Ixis wizard's influence.  Another detail is shown that St John is struggling against the possession and surfaces for a moment.  Naugus considers if using his chaos emerald will speed up the process of his plan, but before he even tries it, he spots Team Fighters entering the city.  At first he doesn't want to meet them, but relents when realising he has to keep to St John's character (who would likely want to help save the city) in order to pull off the ruse and heads off.

Comeback
Metal wastes no time in fighting so many people and makes a mad dash that succeeds in grabbing Sally.  Everyone makes efforts to stop him, with Sonic managing to catch her, only for her to come back online and attacks him.  With Metal Sonic the pair coordinate their attacks on the team to make a beeline for escape, leading Sonic to be knocked down the chasm.  It results in Sally almost killing Elias, but a near crippled Heavy knocks her away, as well as knocking out her booster jets, by throwing Bomb before he shuts down.  Metal, who succeeds in defeating Silver, Amy and Rotor, along with avoiding Big's tackle tries to carry Sally off, but Sonic charges out of the chasm and spins straight into them.  St John (Naugus) tries assist, but is left mentally battling against Geoff's will. 
Sonic is almost defeated, exhausted from the non stop fighting and chasing, but before Metal and Sally can finish him off, St John gains just enough control back to use Naugus' staff on Sally.  Everyone watches on as she returns to her (now redesigned) Mobian state.

Comeback Part 2
Sally tries to get her bearings, while Sonic tries to respond, only for Metal Sonic to engage once more.  However, Sally uses her ring-blades to catch the robot off guard.  Seeing himself outnumbered, Metal retreats, remembering his predecessors mistakes.  Sally quickly laments her acts as a Robian slave and apologises.  The others all comfort her, happy to just have her back.  Sonic acknowledges Geoff was the one that saved her and wonders where he is, realising he's disappeared, remarking his behaviour seeming strange.  Amy however points out they still need to find Bunnie. 
After thinking it over, Sally keeps her head clear enough to plan out what to do.  She asks Nicole to repair the city first, then sees the offline Heavy and Bomb.  After being told of their role she asks Rotor to get them fixed as well.  With the affairs of repairs in order, Sally walks to meet with her parents and find Geoff, all the while Sonic and the rest explain what's happened while she was away.
The scene shifts to Eggman after being informed of what's transpired.  Although he is infuriated to no end that his latest plans have been foiled, he tries to reason that his empire has become more fortified than ever n facing his enemies, but Orbot and Cubot remind him of how his Sonic proof plans are not only in tatters, but morale with the Freedom Fighters will likely grow, much to Eggman's bemusement.
Back in New Mobotropolis Sally has met with her family and is led to the throne room, where Nicole has been trying to build the large power ring.  Upon entering they hear strange babbling about a new Order of Ixis and discover a much more possessed looking St John struggling in a mental battle.

Comeback Part 3
Sonic and gang confront St John/Naugus, having been informed of his attempts in forcing the people of the city into becoming a new Ixis Order by Elias.  With no other choice, Naugus uses his chaos emerald on the ring in an attempt to give it enough power.  Nicole warns him of the dangers in doing such a thing, but the wizard ignores her and makes his wish.  The ring suddenly explodes and almost caves in the throne room. 
When the dust settles, it's revealed that St John is no longer possessed and Naugus (much to his delight) is back to normal, with not a peep of the three Ixis wizards.  Sonic bursts his bubble however and remarks that they likely have more than enough right to dethrone him.  Naugus laughs off this setback and tried to use his staff, only to find that the chaos emerald warped in the explosion.  With no trump card, he asks for St John's help, only to be rebuffed and renounce himself as his apprentice.  Nevertheless, Naugus tries to fight them, but it's only a short battle as Sonic kicks the crown straight off his head and is caught by Sally.  Naugus is finally, and literally, run out of town by Sonic, while Sally presents Elias with the crown.  They realise it will take a lot of explaining to the public about what's happened, but feel thankful at the turn of events.  Geoff apologises for his actions and understands if they intend to imprison him.  Elias and Sally however hold off the idea, seeing how much help he gave them.  Sally also points out they need to find Bunnie, having an idea on where she disappeared to.  A short while later, she, Sonic, Amy, Tails set off for on their search for their missing member, with Rotor opting to stay behind and get the city in order.  Before leaving, they say their farewells to Silver, his mission now complete.

Rabbot Season
The story kicks off in the desert, with the Freedom Fighters heading for Beauregard's base.  When they get there, they soon find Bunnie, now legionised.  However they discover she has no bombs implanted in her upgrades, but with them being experimental, she's been confined to the base in testing them to make sure they're safe and working.  Although she still hasn't fully completed the testing, Sally convinces her to come back.
Out of the Ashes
A short story tells of Rotor and Nicole working in the lab.  With the city now repaired, they begin fixing Heavy and Bomb, while trying to understand how to get the much damaged Shard back to working order.  With his power gem now cracked, his self-repair system moves a much slower pace, but it's improved his condition to the point of being online.  When Shard mentions how unfortunate in Mobians not having any such way of repair, Rotor begins to wonder if the power gem could help in awaking Antoine and starts to brainstorm with Nicole.

Awakening
Sonic and gang (now with Bunnie in tow) return to Freedom HQ to see Rotor work on a new machine.  He explains how the power gem that fuels it may have the ability to help Antoine awake, but warns of the danger, since the gem is cracked and might be unstable.  However, with few options left at this point, Bunnie and the others agree to give it a shot.  However, Nicole informs them of the Death Egg's arrival, urging Sonic and the gang to head out and stall him so Rotor can get the job done. 
When Sonic and team reach the Death Egg and attack, Eggman notices something oddly familiar about Bunnie's appearance.  He becomes distracted however, when the Rabbot angrily uses her laser to blast a hole in the battle station.  Sally spots a large piece of debris fall out and land into the forest nearby.  Noting the worrying damage and the fact that he's too late in fighting a weakened team, he makes a hasty retreat, urging the gang to head back into town.
Occurring concurrently with the Death Egg battle, Rotor and Nicole hook up Shard's power gem (not before the Metal Sonic has a few last words just in case) to the machine and fire it up.  When the other reach the hospital, not knowing what to expect, they find a healed and awake Antoine.

Fallout From War
After the team reunites with Antoine, Sally begins to think about her time as Eggman's servant.  However Sonic and Nicole are at hand to stop her from fully heading into another slump and promise to help her fully recover from the experience before being called by Elias to meet with the Council.  Once there they inform them that they've agreed that Elias retakes the crown and recognises Naugus emotionally manipulating them and the citizens.  As for St John they decide that his actions have saved him from prison, but favour banishment instead.  Geoff humbly accepts the punishment and decides he needs some alone time to know what to do next.  With that sorted they discuss what to do with the Death Egg.  Sally explains she and the team will figure out something before leaving.  While she worries how they're going to tackle Eggman, Sonic is not at all phased, reminding her that they've beaten him before and they'll do it again.

Guilt
While the team works and relaxes at Freedom HQ, Sally reflects on her time as a Robian.  Nicole notices and helps her understand what she did wasn't her fault and the best thing she can do is bouncer back and repair the damage.  Sally comes round to it as Sonic pops up asking when they can chase after Eggman again.  Sally explains that Rotor and Tails are working out ideas on how to counter the Death Egg, but before she can go on, Nicole informs them that they have a call from Mammoth Mogul asking for help.
Lost Goods
At the Death Egg, Orbot and Cubot relay the damage report on the battlestation, revealing that the cargo hold was hit hard.  Eggman is quickly realises to himself that Snively was in there and is likely free.  It's also revealed that the power ring matrix was damaged slightly, meaning protection is lesser.  Eggman laments the loss of his chaos emerald.  Orbot points out they could go to the Special Zone, but they don't have the resources to do so.  Cubot however points out that scouts reported Naugus being ousted as King, but his emerald was nowhere to be seen with him.  Eggman assumes the Freedom Fighters have it and decides it's wise not to pick a fight with them for the moment.  Cubot however points out spies know of someone else who has an emerald.  Eggman then chooses to go mammoth hunting.

Entering the Mammoth's Den Part 1
Sonic and the others ask Mogul why he'd ask fore their help and why they'd even want to help.  Mogul explains that he's under attack from Eggman and that they are his best hope, since Sonic is the doctor's greatest bane and has come out on top of him more than anyone else.  As for what would be in it for them, he promises his help (albeit in secret) in fighting the empire in return for their services.  He even throws in the offer to restore Max's mental health if they so desire.  After a short discussion, Sally agrees and the team set off for the casino, leaving Amy, Cream, Tails and Big to hold down the fort.
Once there they encounter a full scale assault from Eggman's Badniks led by Metal Sonic, with the Death Egg having left to escape any more damage.  They cut a path and find Mogul, who tells them that they can likely escape through the back, so long as they're quick in reaching his private vault and snatching the grey emerald.  They succeed in getting the gem, only for Metal Sonic and a repaired Silver Sonic to face them, with Sonic quipping that he feels deja vu.

Entering the Mammoth's Den Part 2
While Sonic and Bunnie take on the metallic hedgehogs, Sally, Rotor and Antoine head off with Mogul and the emerald.  Mogul asks if Naugus is still lording it over them, only for Sally to relay the news that he was ousted, leaving Mogul somewhat unsurprised and laments his investment not turning out for the better.  Meanwhile, Sonic and Bunnie seem to have Metal and Silver Sonic on the defensive, but the robots soon get tired of the distraction and the bigger of the two rolls straight through the building, locating the rest of the team in the process.  With renewed effort, the army succeeds in putting on an offensive which leaves Mogul knocked out by Metal and dragged away to the Death Egg, emerald in tow, while Sonic and the Freedom Fighters face a threatening barrage.

Entering the Mammoth's Den Part 3
Just outside the Death Egg, Eggman gloats to Mogul on having his limitless power source back and now has one threat out of the picture for him.  Mogul isn't too phased, having already experiences imprisonment at the hands of the enemy recently.  Eggman however has other uses in mind for him.
Back at the casino, the Freedom Fighters take on he Badnik horde, all the while the S6 Squad look on, commenting on them.  Antoine suggests if they should simply retreat, but Sally insists they rescue Mogul. 
Eventually they clear the Badniks and make it to the Death Egg, right when Eggman reveals he plans on legionising Mogul.  Despite managing to steal the emerald back, Sonic and Sally save Mogul before speeding off for New Mobotropolis.  Mogul begrudgingly thanks them, but asks why they bothered to save him.  Sally explains that considering the power and influence he has, it was a risk worth taking.  However she does admit the offer in saving her father's mind played a good part in her decision.  Mogul declares he intends to keep his promise, believing it best to be with them than against them.  Before they head for the castle however, Mogul discovers his emerald's a fake.  Knowing it to be impossible Eggman switched it, the group are left baffled by their twist in luck.

Uncertain Times
With careful watch, Mogul helps restore Max's mind, with the help of the purple chaos emerald.  Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails (on Sally's orders) head into the forest to find the cargo capsule that fell out of the Death Egg.  They find it, only to discover it empty.  However they find some evidence someone, or something was in it.  As they wonder what it might be, Snively watches on from the shadows. 
Back in the city, Mogul leaves to go and oversee repairs to his casino, but not before declaring his worries that someone in the background might be after more than just one emerald.  After seeing him off, Sally is met with a concerned Cream, explaining Amy jetting off to help Rob O' The Hedge.  Sonic, who just arrives back, also hears this and asks if someone should go help her.  Sally, knowing she'll likely find help with the local Freedom Fighters, decides it best to let her go it alone, noting that their emerald will need all the protection it can get if there's someone trying to steal them all.  A voice suddenly offers their help in doing so, revealing itself to be Snively.
The Missing Archer
While guarding the city with Cream and Big, Amy receives a message from a reprogrammed Badnik, detailing her cousin Rob's needing of her help, saying that there's little time.  She decides to go it alone, not wanting to take Cream and Big, since there'd hardly be anyone to protect the city and the Freedom Fighters are busy on their mission with Mogul.

One long run plot line is that it is revealed A.D.A.M. survived his defeat in #169, having survived a stray nanite with a minuscule portion of his consciousness.  After the Genesis Wave however, he winds up as Eggman's personal computer program.  Once Genesis is undone, he reawakens as less of a mindless nanite and more the individual he was before.  He quickly leaves New Mobotropolis and travels a great distance, hacking into and taking over the old operating system of an abandoned factory in Monopole City. 
Quietly, he sets up MeteoTech and swiftly begins to upgrade and advance the city.  The aftermath events of Sally's roboticization causes both the Freedom Fighters and Eggman to take little notice.  A.D.A.M. keeps an eye on both sides and eventually notices Metal Sonic's more independent will during his fight with Shard and realises there may be a chance in making an ally of him, leading to the events of New Domination.

CHARACTER DIRECTION

Sonic
After getting Sally and the gang back, Sonic's mood loses all sense of constant worry.  Thankful to have his friends back together again, he feels he can take things easier now, but also feels a little hopeful in travelling again, having somewhat enjoyed seeing the world so fast as well as having no real trust in the Council's decision making.  Other than that he's the same freedom loving free spirit he's always been.

Amy
Now an experienced member of the team, Amy grows into someone more independent and puts less attention toward impressing Sonic.  Nevertheless, her affection for him does not lessen.  She starts to become one of the more diplomatic members as well, albeit with a slightly stronger temper than others.  However, after hearing so little of her cousin Rob, she goes on a solo adventure in a bid to what's happened.  From there her origins are better explained.

Tails
Tails remains as helpful as ever, but the aftermath of King Naugus and Nicole's temporary exile leaves him with a more strained relationship with his mother.  He also starts spend more time tinkering and creating instead of going on missions, having been away from the workshop for so long.

Sally
Mentally scarred to an extent after her actions as a Robian, Sally struggles with guilt, but the others are quick to understanding this and help her overcome it.  The result is she tries to move past it and jumps back into freedom fighting to keep her mind off it.

Rotor
After reforming the team, Rotor begins to sink back into his inventing and move away from any leadership role.  Despite being asked to come back on the Council, he rejects the offer, realising how much he missed being a part of the Freedom Fighters.

Bunnie
Having been gone for such a while and getting legionised leaves Bunnie more distanced from the team, except for Antoine.  She starts to doubt her choice, but continues to be one of the best heavy hitters.  However, despite not having bombs implanted, she does worry about Eggman finding out and connecting her to Beauregard.

Antoine
After his long coma, Antoine becomes bit jumpier than he used to be, but his bravery hasn't been lost.  He helps Bunnie get used to her choice in legionising herself, accepting her choice instead of being angry at it.  Despite bouncing back into fighting form, the team still feel nervous about seeing him in action, as they fully realise the very hard reality of their work.

Nicole
With the team returned to normal, Nicole begins to focus more of her spare time in developing a new handheld as well as trying to put her exile behind her.  She also helps Sally overcome her guilt in her actions as a Robian.

Cream
Now being more experienced in heroism, Cream finds more courage and plays more the role of messenger and rescuer than fighter.  She also helps other emotionally, such as dealing with Big's longing for his quiet life, Sally's guilt and Bunnie's doubt.

Big
Although he remains the helpful strong arm for his team, Big shows slight signs over time of wishing to go back to his peaceful lifestyle. 

Heavy and Bomb
After being repaired from their fight against Metal Sonic, the two Badniks continue to be a part of New Mobotropolis' defence team.  They begin to feel less afraid of irreversible destruction, having survived a tussle with Eggman's finest and remain as eager as ever to protect the city.

Yeah, it's not exactly Eisner winning material is it?  Please feel free to let me know what you think, if anything catches your eye, for better or worse :P  With hindsight, I would have also tried drawing out the idea of an SU arc revolving around Mighty, Ray and Liza that takes inspiration from the original idea of Chaotix Quest.  It's something I really wanted to have a go at trying, but again, I couldn't find the time to really plan something out.

Singapore Sling

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 07:54:59 PM »
I never applied for the head writer position, but I did have a big sprawling plan to weave a big arc through a bunch of little Mobius Legends stories that'll likely never come to pass. I'm not sure if that counts for the purposes of the thread, though.