18/12/18 - 13:52 PM

Author Topic: Sonic Boom Season 2 Discussion  (Read 6212 times)

Offline RaceProUK

Re: Sonic Boom Season 2 Discussion
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 07:34:59 AM »

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 01:07:47 PM »
I'm… ambivalent.

Basically this.

Being there doesn't make them good. I don't even think knuckles is that good. Hopefully they are great and everyone had a talk about what to do with whoever shows up. Although I get the funny feeling it might just be metal sonic
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:11:08 PM by Village »

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 01:18:58 PM »
Although I get the funny feeling it might just be metal sonic

Hasn't he already made an appearance in the show?
VERY COOL™

Offline SBR

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 01:27:32 PM »
I'm really thinking the Scuba diving episode might be one of Ian's. I remember when Fire and Ice came out he Retweeted a screen grab of the Scuba suits concept art from the game.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

Offline DaddlerTheDalek

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 01:47:08 PM »
"You're watching a Poster!"

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 04:28:55 PM »
Hasn't he already made an appearance in the show?
Yes.
I still think its just metal sonic.

Its sonic boom, disappointment is comes with the meal.

Metal sonic and a Big the cat.

I'm really thinking the Scuba diving episode might be one of Ian's. I remember when Fire and Ice came out he Retweeted a screen grab of the Scuba suits concept art from the game.
Are episode descriptions out already?

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 06:27:14 PM »
Although I get the funny feeling it might just be metal sonic
Well, if they're like Metal Sonic, I'll welcome that, since his inclusion actually worked.

Offline SBR

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 07:53:16 PM »
Yes.
I still think its just metal sonic.

Its sonic boom, disappointment is comes with the meal.

Well that's just your opinion.

Are episode descriptions out already?

Well they mention a Scuba diving episode in that press release and concept art of the characters dressed in Scuba suits was in Fire and Ice.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

Offline SBR

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2016, 08:57:12 AM »
December's Episode Schedule.

Also I thought Spacemageddonacylpse was pretty fun. I kinda dig just how big Sonic's Ego is in this show. It just cracks me up.

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2016, 07:57:41 AM »
I saw some new background characters from Season 2 Episode 4:

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2016, 08:45:00 AM »
So, I've now seen the first three episodes, and... Does anyone else get the feeling they've only improved the superficial? Better animations and textures is nice, but there doesn't seem to have been a noticeable increase in script quality.

Some quick reviews of the episodes so far:
  • Tommy Thunder: Method Actor: A decent episode, but nothing special. Also, can't say I care for Tommy Thunder at all, to be honest. Still, it was enjoyable enough.
  • Spacemageddonocalypse: Fell a bit flat, if I'm honest. The sequence with Amy getting Tails to use an abbreviation and Knuckles not understanding dragged on too long, and I never really got into the episode properly. Was good to see Sonic using the Piko Hammer though. Also some good 4th-wall breaking.
  • Nutwork: While it's good to see a Sticks-heavy episode, I think they dialled in just a little too much crazy. Also, thanks to the 11-minute run-time, the plot felt a bit rushed. Seeing the village actually get of their backsides and do something to protect themselves for a change instead of relying on being bailed out (again!) was refreshing though.

Offline SBR

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2016, 03:50:10 PM »
Personally I've been enjoying season 2 a bunch. Then again I loved season 1 so much that I really didn't need anything too big in regards to changes.

Also Alone Again, Unnaturally might be the best episode of the entire series. I cracked up at every joke. My favorite part might just be Sonic knocking over Eggman's lamp after saying he almost felt sorry for wrecking the place.

Sidenote we now know Ian Flynn's first episode title. And the plot via Bill Freiberger.