20/11/17 - 15:14 PM

Author Topic: DoNotDelete's Character Design + General Artwork Demo Reel  (Read 2152 times)

Offline DoNotDelete

DoNotDelete's Character Design + General Artwork Demo Reel
« on: October 18, 2016, 03:05:12 PM »
Some of my character designs:

Diana Vin-Belle, Inventor/Robotics Engineer/Explorer, general space-faring troublemaker with a robotic exoframe:

Anita Antares, Space Scavenger/Archaeologist - totally not a space garbage hauler pretending to be something else:

Claudia the Red, Space Pirate Captain and ne'er do well:

Earlier revision of Claudia the Red:

[ You must login or register to view this spoiler! ]
Early concept artwork of Claudia:

I'll keep adding to this if people are interested to see.

Or just go to my dA. Loads more of this stuff there.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:25:03 AM by DoNotDelete »

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

Offline DoNotDelete

Re: DoNotDelete's Character Design Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »
More character/monster/vehicle designs:

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 09:54:26 PM »
These are so cool and weird. In all the best ways.

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 02:14:23 PM »
These are so cool and weird. In all the best ways.

I take that as a compliment.

So I got around to uploading some fresh new monster designs for my monster comic (which I'm still struggling with):

They're not ponies. The one on the right especially dislikes being called a pony.

Demon sheep that don't care if ya sleep.

Alligators with boobs. How does that even happen?

If you're struggling to read the annotations you can take a look at my dA page to see the full resolution images.

Singapore Sling

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »
I am all about that sheep.

Offline Kelli

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 03:52:28 AM »
Really neat designs!  ^-^

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 05:48:42 AM »
I am all about that sheep.

They generally travel as a flock so I'd watch out for them. Given half a chance they'll steal your clothes, your boots - and your motorcycle. Just for laughs.

Really neat designs!  ^-^

Thanks, the visuals are still a bit rough around the edges here and there on these pages - but the design concepts and colours are pretty solid.

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 03:53:29 PM »
More monster designs that nobody cares about but I'm postin' 'em anyway! (Seriously nobody's posting any artwork in this sub-forum - SHOW ME YO MOVES people!).

Is it a dragon? Is it a dragonfly? Is it a robot? Is it a girl? How do I behave appropriately in this situation?

Early 'Draconeon' design concept artwork:

Oh look another monster with boob-type-looking-things - is this a pattern emerging? Also it's some kind of bird-phoenix-musical-instrument-hybrid with an attitude. It's all good.

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 07:03:31 AM »
So I guess it's been a while since I added to this.

This is the character whom I worried looked too much like Mega Man X (though I don't know if other people make that connection as strongly as I do):

Honestly the bike design doesn't help with distancing her from Mega Man X - there was this one piece of official art that had X sitting on a bike that got around everywhere. I can't labour on this point any more though - if the fact that Dollie is blue and a constructed being makes people draw parallels between her and X, then I'll just have to live with that.

I'd be interested in hearing other people's thoughts about whether they think Dollie looks like or X (or not) - or if they think her other design features do enough to distance her from that of X (I mean, I think they do - it's just that my brain doesn't let these things sleep and keeps bashing me over the head with these kinds of concerns).

This guy is I guess the male lead/protagonist from the story Dollie's in (he and Dollie are both equally important though):

Also, another Never Work With Monsters character:

There's other new stuff on my dA - including a snake/plant themed Never Work With Monsters character - but I've found myself venturing back into the world of adult-themed artwork lately so consider yourself warned before you venture blindly into my dA gallery.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:06:45 AM by DoNotDelete »

Offline Kelli

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 07:14:10 AM »
Really like Dollie there :D love her bike as well I got a thing for hover/motor modern bikes.
Sorbet has a very unque design, great work
Checkoutmyart at DA: http://kell0x.deviantart.com/

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 01:34:31 PM »
Monster design (work in progress):

I have a backlog of work to upload but recently it's become difficult finding the time to do it.

Offline Kelli

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 03:39:44 PM »
looks super she has a great color sceme

Offline DoNotDelete

Re: DoNotDelete's Character Design + General Artwork Demo Reel
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 07:31:47 AM »
Second thing I ever drew completely from scratch in a bitmap artworking program:

Fourth thing I ever drew completely from scratch in a bitmap artworking program:

I've never taken life studies this seriously before - these pieces are a little rough around the edges but it seems I have a real knack for replicating real-life things in bitmap artwork. I actually enjoyed doing them too - and I learned a lot whilst painting them.

I'm still having difficulty applying bitmap painting to imagined pieces of art though. Hopefully that will come in time.

Something more traditional (for me):

Also I changed the thread title to allow me to submit things other than character designs. I guess it's more of a 'general DND art thread' now.

Offline MonstersBride

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 10:12:09 AM »
I never saw this thread before! My god! The exaggerated gelatin-like bodies are so squishy! I love the way you draw characters and the busts are just <3 <3 <3 They are SO cute!!! You have an exotic style xD Could be because I'm a Bleach fan, and all the girls in Bleach have exaggeratedly hot bodies lmao But in all honesty these are hot! I love the combination of mechanics with cute creature girls!
TheMonstersBride

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 11:14:57 AM »
Thanks. In time I'm hoping to get a better handle on my bitmap artworking skills so I can push my artwork to another level. Working entirely in vectors for so long has become... limiting. I think I've hit a plateau in that regard.

I have ideas in the back of my mind about how to get vector and bitmap artwork to work together to create something new (I know full well I wouldn't be the first person to do this) - but I've struggled to get comfortable with bitmap artwork for a very long time. The life drawings above of the Skull and Ladybird were the first times I'd ever produced something in a bitmap artworking program that I was genuinely happy with.

I should really try to draw something bitmap-based every week - or maybe cut myself off cold turkey from working in vectors. I mean - I've proved I can do good bitmap artwork - I just need to get to the point where I can apply what I've learned to 'imagined artwork' instead of life studies.