20/08/17 - 08:27 AM

Author Topic: Posts of Randomness 2.0  (Read 174315 times)

Offline Snrub

Re: Posts of Randomness 2.0
« Reply #2880 on: June 11, 2017, 03:01:45 PM »
Just thought I would share this. Although I think it's in the process of getting hugged to death right now.
https://affinelayer.com/pixsrv/

Also more sad news.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40230407
First Adam West now this. smh  :'(

@Mister X
Which issue is that?
“Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.” -Richard Feynman

« Reply #2881 on: June 11, 2017, 03:08:17 PM »
@Mister X
Which issue is that?

48, I think. One of the Endgame issues.
For the first time in his life, Sonic is devoid of humor.
For the first time in his life, Sonic truly understands the meaning of war.

« Reply #2882 on: June 11, 2017, 03:10:54 PM »
@Mister X
Which issue is that?

48, I think. One of the Endgame issues.

I'm pretty sure it's issue #50.

EDIT: I was thinking of a different panel. Never mind. It's #48.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:22:04 PM by Riggo34 »
Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

« Reply #2883 on: June 11, 2017, 04:14:26 PM »
So, some interesting things to note in a recent interview with Iizuka and Hoshino:

• Sonic is indeed homeless
  • He also has two separate eyes
  • Mighty is still kinda canon, and could show up again
  • Chaos may also be showing up in the near future
  • There are two worlds, the human world and Sonic's world (I know there was already talk about this from a while back, but people were still thinking it could mean something else. I'm sot so sure it can anymore)
  • Chaos Emeralds cannot be sold on eBay

Here's the interview: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/06/10/more-burning-questions-about-the-sonic-the-hedgehog-franchise-answered.aspx?utm_content=bufferdc009&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Offline Snrub

« Reply #2884 on: June 11, 2017, 11:13:34 PM »
So, some interesting things to note in a recent interview with Iizuka and Hoshino:

• Sonic is indeed homeless
  • He also has two separate eyes
  • Mighty is still kinda canon, and could show up again
  • Chaos may also be showing up in the near future
  • There are two worlds, the human world and Sonic's world (I know there was already talk about this from a while back, but people were still thinking it could mean something else. I'm sot so sure it can anymore)
  • Chaos Emeralds cannot be sold on eBay

Here's the interview: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/06/10/more-burning-questions-about-the-sonic-the-hedgehog-franchise-answered.aspx?utm_content=bufferdc009&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Is his favorite show still Beavis and Butthead?

“Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.” -Richard Feynman

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #2885 on: June 12, 2017, 04:27:28 AM »
Oh jeez flashbacks and deja vu.

I probably still have that page (in its original comic) lying around somewhere.

Also the Knuckles' Chaotix screenshots.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #2886 on: June 12, 2017, 05:45:38 AM »

Is his favorite show still Beavis and Butthead?

Actually, considering that Earth and Mobius were two different planets in Sonic the Comic.... EVIL SUPER SONIC CONFIRMED!? (I just know someone will make a Sonic Forces joke from this)

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #2887 on: June 12, 2017, 06:03:22 PM »

Beautiful. A masterpiece. 10/10. Ian PK would love this.
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

Offline SBR

« Reply #2888 on: June 14, 2017, 06:56:47 AM »
I feel like I'm starting to fall down the same hole I did on Bumbleking where I get annoyed and I start getting mean for no good reason. Seriously if I ever start to just become a massive jerk let me know guys. That's not the kind of person I want to be.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

« Reply #2889 on: June 14, 2017, 09:57:44 AM »

great description, amazon
For the first time in his life, Sonic is devoid of humor.
For the first time in his life, Sonic truly understands the meaning of war.

Offline SBR

« Reply #2890 on: June 14, 2017, 11:09:56 AM »
Well it does tell you what you need to know. Mario is in fact in this game.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

Offline Snrub

« Reply #2891 on: June 15, 2017, 12:30:06 AM »

« Reply #2892 on: June 16, 2017, 03:26:46 PM »

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #2893 on: June 20, 2017, 10:16:29 AM »
Incoming vent:

People who make the argument that you should only use anthropomorphic characters in a story (i.e. animal-based designs) if that is somehow relevant to your story; I really don't know where people get this idea from but I've heard it repeated a number of times by different people and in my opinion it's really just straight up retarded and it's also an entirely stifling creative viewpoint to take. This is basically an argument that if you can tell a story with human characters then you should ONLY tell that story using human characters and that using non-human characters to tell the same story is wrong.

I'm just gonna put my thoughts on this out there: It's a bloody stupid argument to make - and I don't care who it's coming from - it's bloody stupid.

Yes, sometimes the anthropomorph component is relevant to the story - as with Disney's Zootopia/Zootropolis, but often it isn't - as with Disney's Robin Hood, Disney's the Lion King (or Hamlet), Pixar's Cars (oh my god this one is the best counter argument), or Sonic the Hedgehog, or Transformers (by this I mean the Transformers' ability to transform is actually not very important or relevant to the stories being told).

But does the fact the the characters being used to tell the story are not human detract from the story in any way? Or is the opposite true? Do those characters make the story more engaging, more interesting, more intriguing? Is it that non-human characters actually add a new element - a new dimension - to a story by telling it via characters that are different to us? Is it a commentary on the nature of self-awareness - that all beings with a certain level of sapiency experience the same kind of life scenarios and choices? That consciousness is something that affords all beings that posses it a level (or equal) playing field - regardless of their physical appearance?

So my reason for typing this: If you want to write a story and tell it through characters who are anthropomorphs, animals, robots, aliens, or anything else; Do it. If anyone tells you're wrong to use those characters because the story can be told using human characters because: "The only reason Zootopia/Zootropolis used animals was because it was relevant to the plot.", just mention that there are other Disney (or Pixar) films (Robin Hood, The Lion King, Cars) that tell human stories using anthropomorphised characters for no relevant reason other than; "Oh, it's cute." or; "Oh, it's interesting" or (and this is the clincher); "It's a different way to tell a story."

It doesn't matter what vectors you use to tell your story; If you want to tell it with anthropomorphs, animals, robots or talking vegetables, do it. Anybody telling you you're wrong for doing so is a moron.

This is just one of those things I felt like I had to say, because when people come out with this they're just regurgitating a nonsense argument and they're not really thinking about what they're saying (honestly I think this argument only comes from people who have a furry problem - or more specifically a problem with furries).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:20:35 AM by DoNotDelete »

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #2894 on: June 20, 2017, 09:11:58 PM »

"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."