20/10/17 - 11:19 AM

Author Topic: Posts of Randomness 2.0  (Read 207020 times)

Offline DoNotDelete

Re: Posts of Randomness 2.0
« Reply #3000 on: August 09, 2017, 05:58:02 AM »
I'm glad to hear it; I'm glad you're working through it. Good to hear you're still creating; I'm still available if you want to share.

I've also started writing something that has struck a very deep chord with me. It's something that caught me completely off guard - I've fallen so deeply for two characters - and I when I write their story (it's a murder/tragedy) I'm so moved that I end up crying. This is not something that has happened to me before; This depth of emotion.

I feel so deeply for them - but I wonder if it's because I'm so close to them - and I wonder also if anyone else will feel their story so deeply.

I haven't written anything other than short comic scripts, so the format is a little bit irregular - it's like a halfway house between a screenplay and a novel. I think I've done this so I can reformat it either into a novel or a comic book - depending on how I feel about it once it's written in full.

I'm preparing an excerpt - it's the core of the story - everything else the story is built around. I just have one paragraph to round up/expand on and then I really need to get some feedback - on both the formatting and the emotional content. I need to get a feeling for other people's perspectives on what I'm writing.

I've always been prone to 'quantum shifts' in my outlook and creative bents - but the past few months I've been feeling a big change. I feel like I'm changing into a completely different being.

The problem with that is when you change and everyone else stays the same; You just don't fit anymore.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:59:37 AM by DoNotDelete »

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #3001 on: August 09, 2017, 12:24:32 PM »

"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

Singapore Sling

« Reply #3002 on: August 09, 2017, 05:34:52 PM »
I'm glad to hear it; I'm glad you're working through it. Good to hear you're still creating; I'm still available if you want to share.

I've also started writing something that has struck a very deep chord with me. It's something that caught me completely off guard - I've fallen so deeply for two characters - and I when I write their story (it's a murder/tragedy) I'm so moved that I end up crying. This is not something that has happened to me before; This depth of emotion.

I feel so deeply for them - but I wonder if it's because I'm so close to them - and I wonder also if anyone else will feel their story so deeply.

I haven't written anything other than short comic scripts, so the format is a little bit irregular - it's like a halfway house between a screenplay and a novel. I think I've done this so I can reformat it either into a novel or a comic book - depending on how I feel about it once it's written in full.

I'm preparing an excerpt - it's the core of the story - everything else the story is built around. I just have one paragraph to round up/expand on and then I really need to get some feedback - on both the formatting and the emotional content. I need to get a feeling for other people's perspectives on what I'm writing.

If you ever need someone to read it, whether for feedback or just so someone can see it, I'd love to. This sounds beautiful and I'm already incredibly interested.

The problem with that is when you change and everyone else stays the same; You just don't fit anymore.

Trust me, I know how that feels all too well. I get exactly what you mean.

Offline Snrub

« Reply #3003 on: August 10, 2017, 12:18:34 AM »
Oh Walmart, between you and my neighbor's dog... smh

“If you will comply with my conditions, I will leave them and you at peace; but if you refuse, I will glut the maw of death, until it be satiated with the blood of your remaining friends.” - Frankenstein's monster

« Reply #3004 on: August 10, 2017, 08:13:00 PM »
Sonic Mania is good.
"Star Wars is really about a top half Darth Maul robot and a bottom half Darth Maul robot fighting each other with 20 lightsabers while Obi-Wan is stuck in the middle."

Offline LennyNoLennie

« Reply #3005 on: August 11, 2017, 12:04:17 AM »

Reading the signature now are you? :>

Offline Snrub

« Reply #3006 on: August 11, 2017, 12:31:53 AM »

Sonic Mania is good.

Lucky you. I guess that means I have to avoid the Mania thread until the PC release.  :-\
“If you will comply with my conditions, I will leave them and you at peace; but if you refuse, I will glut the maw of death, until it be satiated with the blood of your remaining friends.” - Frankenstein's monster

Offline SBR

« Reply #3007 on: August 11, 2017, 07:14:10 AM »
Hey after the whole incident with Sling I just want to say seriously and for real if I'm ever being a jerk let me know. I really don't want to be seen that way and I hate that that's how I tend to come off.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #3008 on: August 11, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »

"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

Online Ian PK

« Reply #3009 on: August 12, 2017, 11:27:42 PM »
I have now bought Sonic 06 twice.
You have the right to question my sanity.

Offline SBR

« Reply #3010 on: August 13, 2017, 08:21:28 AM »
So I was watching Planet of the Apes for the first time yesterday and I noticed that the leads name is George Taylor and then I remembered "Wait What is the human in The Lara-Su Chronicles? Mykal Taelor!"

I thought "well it's probably just a coincidence I mean he doesn't even have the same first name" until I remembered Penders one currently shown page includes a direct reference to Planet of the Apes. *Deep Sigh* There's references and then there's having almost no creativity, seriously.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #3011 on: August 14, 2017, 11:05:17 AM »

Offline Snrub

« Reply #3012 on: August 14, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a pet scorpion.

I'm also thinking of telling my younger relatives that it's an adult hermit crab.

I have now bought Sonic 06 twice.
You have the right to question my sanity.

I have multiple copies of some pretty wretched movies if that makes you feel any better.  :)

So I was watching Planet of the Apes for the first time yesterday and I noticed that the leads name is George Taylor and then I remembered "Wait What is the human in The Lara-Su Chronicles? Mykal Taelor!"

I thought "well it's probably just a coincidence I mean he doesn't even have the same first name" until I remembered Penders one currently shown page includes a direct reference to Planet of the Apes. *Deep Sigh* There's references and then there's having almost no creativity, seriously.

I loved the old Planet of the Apes movies as a kid. My favorite was Escape from the Planet of the Apes. It's been years since I've seen any of them though.

« Reply #3013 on: August 14, 2017, 05:02:11 PM »

c-can't wait for tomorrow...
"Star Wars is really about a top half Darth Maul robot and a bottom half Darth Maul robot fighting each other with 20 lightsabers while Obi-Wan is stuck in the middle."

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #3014 on: August 15, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »
Just got back from a Transformers convention. Got to meet James Roberts and Jack Lawrence in person (respectively Writer and Artist, Transformers: Lost Light). I bought a couple of signed scripts from James (which look to be informative re: writing scripts - something I need help with) - and Jack had a look at my portfolio. He said my artwork is really good (which is to make a genuine comment because a lot of work these guys see at conventions is really amateur stuff), he also said that - based off the few pages of comic art I've done - he would buy my comic if I ever got to printing it. He also gave me some other good pointers regarding how to approach the internet and putting comic artwork about. I'm really glad I got to speak to him.

It was a good weekend but I think I overdid it because now I have a terrible cold/flu-type thing - probably because I've been burning the candle at both ends the past couple of weeks trying to assemble a portfolio in preparation for comic conventions. As it turns out the Transformers convention wasn't the ideal venue for making those kinds of connections - but Jack really helped me to plot out some kind of path to take with my artwork.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye