21/06/18 - 09:12 AM

Poll

What was your favorite Mobius Legend this year?

A Prelude
5 (20%)
Your First Chili Dog
0 (0%)
Trigger
3 (12%)
New Domination
4 (16%)
A Maiden's Heart
11 (44%)
Invaders from Beyond
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: End of 2016 Poll!  (Read 1237 times)

Offline darkpit06

End of 2016 Poll!
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:21:24 AM »
This year, this forum was created by those who are ready to bring the old Archie Sonuc timeline back. Now that it's New Year's Eve, here's one last poll for the year!

I enjoyed every issue released by ASO this year- all two issues of Mobius Legends. But hey- good things come to those who wait, right?

Within both of these issues came six fun short stories made by the staff here. There's BOUND to be one that you enjoyed above all others. That's where this poll comes in- pick your favorite Mobius Legend of 2016!

And be on the lookout for Mobius Legends 3, coming Whenever 2017!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:06:26 PM by darkpit06 »
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

Re: End of 2016 Poll!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 09:44:31 AM »
Honestly, I found "A Maiden's Heart" to be the best thus far.

It explored Amy's character on a deeper level and fleshed out her relationship with Sally. And in many ways, it felt like a genuine Archie story. The art, the writing, the callbacks to the original continuity, ect.

"The First Chili Dog" would be my second pick for similar reasons.

The rest of the stories weren't bad, but they were mostly just action flicks or setups to future stories that won't be expanded anytime in the future (considering their non-canonical status).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:46:59 AM by LogiTeeka »

Offline Ian PK

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 10:57:13 AM »
Honestly, I found "A Maiden's Heart" to be the best thus far.

It explored Amy's character on a deeper level and fleshed out her relationship with Sally. And in many ways, it felt like a genuine Archie story. The art, the writing, the callbacks to the original continuity, ect.

"The First Chili Dog" would be my second pick for similar reasons.

The rest of the stories weren't bad, but they were mostly just action flicks or setups to future stories that won't be expanded anytime in the future (considering their non-canonical status).
I'd have to agree with you on this; "A Maiden's Heart" and "Your First Chili Dog" (and, arguably, "Trigger") were the only complete stories, the rest being setups. If "New Domination" was expanded upon, it might be my favorite of the bunch, but on its own, it's a teaser for a story that will never come to be. That's why I pick "A Maiden's Heart" as my favorite as well, for the same reasons. I'm a big fan of character pieces, and it definitely delivered.
But like I said, a lot of stories were unfortunately brought down by their disconnect to a larger narrative that we'll never see, something that StHO and SUO won't have. The writing itself in all these stories was great, and I'm so grateful and proud to be able to be a part of this project. It's been a slow start, yes, but I couldn't be happier with how far we've come in 2016, and I can't wait for everyone to see what we've got coming up in 2017! ;)

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 11:02:49 AM »
For me? New Domination. Why? A.D.A.M., the ultimate chessmaster of Mobius, luring in Metal Sonic for an unseen plot- which, according to the recap, is under every major player's nose.

Who knows? Maybe after a few years, New Domination can find it's way into the actual story! Who knew what A.D.A.M. planned for everyone...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:48:07 PM by darkpit06 »
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

Offline SegaSonicX99

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 11:56:30 AM »
Invaders from Beyond, partially because that's the story that I desperately want to see continued.
Fandoms Assemble!

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 03:31:46 PM »
"A Maiden's Heart" is definitely my favorite of the bunch. It was really interesting to see certain events from Amy's POV and shed some light on how the events were seen differently from the reader.
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 08:11:50 AM »
I'd say Maiden's Heart, since it felt so genuine in emotion and inspecting characters.  Reminded me a lot of Heart to Heart, which is always a good thing.  Makes me almost wish I did something more character driven instead of set up for something that's unlikely to happen  :P

Offline Glitcher

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 11:32:54 AM »
"A Maiden's Heart" also gets my vote. The writing was the best out of all the shorts and it was blessed with some superior artwork too. I feel like this is the best representation of what a short story should be, unlike others such as "New Domination" and "Invaders From Beyond", which are preludes to stories that never happen. _
Check out my guide for 10 Misconceptions About Criticism