21/08/17 - 03:27 AM

Author Topic: TV Tropes  (Read 716 times)

Offline darkpit06

TV Tropes
« on: January 07, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »
I'm sure some of you are aware about TV Tropes. If you haven't see for yourselves.

Anyway, do you think that we could make a TV Tropes page for Archie Sonic Online? I'd be into it, and we have the basis of the comic's direction AND the first two Mobius Legends.

Whaddya say? Start making one, or wait a couple months when ASO #248 comes out?
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

Offline SegaSonicX99

Re: TV Tropes
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 02:02:26 PM »
I'm sure some of you are aware about TV Tropes. If you haven't see for yourselves.

Anyway, do you think that we could make a TV Tropes page for Archie Sonic Online? I'd be into it, and we have the basis of the comic's direction AND the first two Mobius Legends.

Whaddya say? Start making one, or wait a couple months when ASO #248 comes out?

No, I don't think we'll be doing that.
Fandoms Assemble!

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 04:53:12 PM »
I'm in two minds about sites like TV Tropes. Sure, they can be useful references, but the sheer amount of stuff on those sites makes me question their standards of notability. Documenting tropes is fine, but there comes point where you just end up defining tropes for the sake of defining tropes, and at that point, the site hurts itself.

Offline SBR

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 12:57:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure someone will make a TV Tropes page once the project gets rolling.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 07:36:22 PM »
I'm in two minds about sites like TV Tropes. Sure, they can be useful references, but the sheer amount of stuff on those sites makes me question their standards of notability. Documenting tropes is fine, but there comes point where you just end up defining tropes for the sake of defining tropes, and at that point, the site hurts itself.
I've also heard that there's a bit of drama with what can and cannot go on there. Admins being less than impartial, stuff like that.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 06:16:45 PM »

Offline Dr. Z

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 06:30:45 PM »
Your name here.

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 12:05:47 PM »
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »
Honestly, I was quite surprised to see it come up.