24/04/17 - 16:05 PM

Author Topic: Subscriptions no longer available on the archie site?  (Read 22451 times)

Re: Subscriptions no longer available on the archie site?
« Reply #585 on: April 16, 2017, 07:15:05 PM »
Let's all hope for the best that it gets transfer to another company, but if it gets put to rest for good. All I can say is it's been a pleasure conversing with you all on Archie Sonic comic topics. It sucks Sega never saw the true potential if they were to put these comic characters in a game because it fits a rpg style real good. This is me thinking optimistic, but mmorpg would even be better. All I see Sega doing is just copying some sources from the comic and putting it in their games, but their version.

Edit: Didn't realize I had a repetitive typo.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:29:52 PM by Turbotailz »

« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2017, 11:16:16 PM »
If SEGA truly is the reason behind this, I can tell that the backlash towards them is only going to increase tenfold in the oncoming years. And if the upcoming "Forces" game and movie fail, it could very well be the death of the franchise.

But that's just my pessimistic side speaking. We still have no clue to what's going on.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:17:54 PM by LogiTeeka »

Offline Kelli

« Reply #587 on: April 17, 2017, 05:16:54 AM »
Its a shame if its really the end, at least Megaman's last issue had some sort of satisfying conclusion before it's ''hiatus''
Sonic's comic's end just now looks abrupt. Its a shame thats how Sega wants to end their world record comic.
Checkoutmyart at DA: http://kell0x.deviantart.com/

Offline Mobotropolis

« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2017, 06:31:00 AM »
I feel we ended in a better place than in the pre-reboot where the fates of like a half dozen characters were in the balance.

The world is no longer Shattered and our Heroes are no longer in big danger.

Except maybe whatever happened to Silver. I honestly don't remember.

Looking at the upcoming issues Branching Paths Sonic the Hedgehog ... 292?) may have been workable into a series finale with each of the Freedom Fighters choosing what they wanted out of life. 

Of course, we only got to this point because Ian picked up the pace. That makes me wonder ... if SEGA pressed for Shattered World's conclusion like I think did (so it wouldn't end in the middle of an arc again) they know that they were going to do this a year later? Since Ian and co usually aren't told what's happening until the last possible moment that seems plausible, but unfortunate, since Ian probably could've moved the schedule around to make for a more satisfying ending.

Offline SBR

« Reply #589 on: April 17, 2017, 09:33:14 AM »
Jen is now saying that he previous tweet was taken out of context.

She was actually talking about her Day Job that she lost in January when talking about her lack of Income.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

« Reply #590 on: April 17, 2017, 09:03:12 PM »
Except maybe whatever happened to Silver. I honestly don't remember.
Unless a new Genesis Portal opened up, he's stuck on X's time period in Mega Man's world, thanks to Xander Payne.

Offline Mobotropolis

« Reply #591 on: April 18, 2017, 09:26:56 PM »
Archie released their July Solicits today which contains no surprises or Sonic.

Except, you know, them killing off someone apparently.

Offline SBR

« Reply #592 on: April 19, 2017, 10:17:19 AM »
Well there's some Ian Flynn there. That Crossover collection has his Mark Zuckerberg Archie issue in it. Not that that's Sonic related but still.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

Offline GentlemanX

« Reply #593 on: April 19, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »
Can't post a direct link right now, but PreviewsWorld now lists STH 291 as cancelled by Archie.

Edit: So, just called Archie and talked to a Lisa, who seemed very knowledgable about the Sonic situation. Couple of tidbits.

1. Archie plans to email all subscribers by the end of April (she said April by name) letting them know what's going on with STH and SU.

2. In the event the comics get cancelled, she said Archie would offer store credit OR offer a refund for the subscription (she acknowledged directly that Sonic readers wouldn't be interested in Archie probably).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:55:21 PM by GentlemanX »

« Reply #594 on: April 19, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »
She would know; she's the person called in the first place that started the entire cancellation ball rolling. I'd imagine with that sort of onslaught, she'd keep herself prepared for future events.

« Reply #595 on: April 19, 2017, 03:05:35 PM »
Can't post a direct link right now, but PreviewsWorld now lists STH 291 as cancelled by Archie.

Edit: So, just called Archie and talked to a Lisa, who seemed very knowledgable about the Sonic situation. Couple of tidbits.

1. Archie plans to email all subscribers by the end of April (she said April by name) letting them know what's going on with STH and SU.

2. In the event the comics get cancelled, she said Archie would offer store credit OR offer a refund for the subscription (she acknowledged directly that Sonic readers wouldn't be interested in Archie probably).

News is news, even if it's not good news ^^ Thanks for letting us know!

« Reply #596 on: April 19, 2017, 03:50:47 PM »

« Reply #597 on: April 19, 2017, 04:56:22 PM »
Let's just hope for the best.

Whichever outcome that is...

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #598 on: April 19, 2017, 05:03:59 PM »
At least someone at Archie has realised they can't just fob people off and transfer their Sonic subscription over to Jughead -
 not unless they want to deal with some kind of internet backlash publicity scandal.

That's something at least - actually offering a refund.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

Offline Mobotropolis

« Reply #599 on: April 19, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
TFW the most exciting news is a confirmation that there will be more news.

Here it is