27/06/17 - 15:39 PM

Author Topic: Subscriptions no longer available on the archie site?  (Read 45875 times)

Re: Subscriptions no longer available on the archie site?
« Reply #900 on: June 16, 2017, 08:30:27 PM »
I wonder what 295's story was. Looks like a Halloween issue!

Offline Ian PK

« Reply #901 on: June 16, 2017, 09:32:19 PM »
It looks like some kind of adaptation of sorts of Night of the Werehog.
Odd, considering they just wrapped up the Unleashed arc. You would think that if they were gonna do something like that, it would've been when the werehog and Chip were still around.
Writer / Letterer / Layout Editor / Social Media Admin for ASO.
Writer / Poet for myself.

"So in short, I'm not going to tell you what that kitchen sink means to me because I need it to be only known to me." —Tyler Joseph

« Reply #902 on: June 16, 2017, 11:48:18 PM »
It looks like some kind of adaptation of sorts of Night of the Werehog.
Odd, considering they just wrapped up the Unleashed arc. You would think that if they were gonna do something like that, it would've been when the werehog and Chip were still around.

It could've taken place during the Shattered World Crisis. Maybe it was skipped because Ian didn't have the time to adapt the story.

Online DoNotDelete

« Reply #903 on: June 17, 2017, 04:23:41 AM »
Oh wow. We've hit the hoax comeback phase. Nice. Not a bad one, but kind of cruel/mean-spirited (even by my standards).

Now even if Archie do bring the comics back (ahee ahoo ahaa) any announcement they might make in regard to that fact will be met with suspicion and disregard.

I'm kind of tired of this whole debacle now, though.

- Has MS Paint in the dash and three different ways to take a clear and crisp screenshot on a standard Windows computer. Takes a grainy cellphone picture. Sure.

Thank you. That alone should set off everyone's BS detector. Not only would it be clearer it would be significantly easier. It might as well be a picture of Bigfoot.

You guys made my day with that.

I mean, why screencap an image when you can take a grainy photograph of a computer screen with your phone? Makes perfect sense.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 04:33:36 AM by DoNotDelete »

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #905 on: June 20, 2017, 09:24:04 PM »
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/06/20/sonic-archie-update-no-solicitations-for-september/

Welp... all I can say is that I hope Archie gets back on track.
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

« Reply #906 on: June 21, 2017, 01:01:16 AM »
At least we know it's not just Sonic, and that this is likely part of an entire restructuring of their lineup. Likely they're pouring all of their assets into Riverdale. If a third season doesn't happen, Archie might file bankruptcy.

Offline Kelli

« Reply #907 on: June 21, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »
What, is going on at Archie  :o are They really ready to Risk Everything for Rivierdale? What about the Artist and writers??

Offline SBR

« Reply #908 on: June 22, 2017, 09:20:49 AM »
What, is going on at Archie  :o are They really ready to Risk Everything for Rivierdale? What about the Artist and writers??

To be fair Archie's attitude on writers and artists has always seemed to be "Screw 'em".
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

Offline Tsurugi

« Reply #909 on: June 22, 2017, 04:41:00 PM »
Has anyone taken a look at the Archie app recently? This might be only for me or my region, but nearly every single issue of the Sonic comics, not counting graphic novels, has been priced at €2.29 including issues as far back as the 2nd issue of the main series as well as the mini-series, Sonic Boom and the digital exclusives, with the exception of the main Sonic comic's Worlds Unite issues being priced at €4.49. Any idea what's going on? Does anyone else see similar pricing? I can understand the more recent issues being the first price mentioned, but 4.49 for a single issue seems a bit off ???
This world is made of LOVE & PEACE :D !!- Vash The Stampede

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. - Walt Disney

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #910 on: June 23, 2017, 10:08:30 PM »
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/06/23/matt-herms-says-archiesega-in-talks-sonic-mega-drive-3-in-the-works-ifwhen-comics-return/

Talking and more talking. Also Sonic Mega Drive: Overdrive will be in the works if and when the comics come back. Very strong IF.
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

« Reply #911 on: June 24, 2017, 03:12:36 PM »
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/06/23/matt-herms-says-archiesega-in-talks-sonic-mega-drive-3-in-the-works-ifwhen-comics-return/

Talking and more talking. Also Sonic Mega Drive: Overdrive will be in the works if and when the comics come back. Very strong IF.

Seems people in the comments section of that link want Sonic to be taken up by IDW.

Only if SEGA allows it of course. But, it seems that no matter what happens, whether the comic moves or stays with Archie. Cancelled or not
I feel like we're gonna lose something...

Offline Kelli

« Reply #912 on: June 25, 2017, 07:39:26 AM »

why is the talking part taken so long
Checkoutmyart at DA: http://kell0x.deviantart.com/

Online DoNotDelete

« Reply #913 on: June 25, 2017, 07:49:33 AM »

Because talk is cheap - and Archie don't have any money.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #914 on: June 25, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »

It's probably a combination of Archie considering their financial concerns and SEGA renegotiating following their company's remodeling.

That's my best guess.