11/12/17 - 09:01 AM

Author Topic: The Pokemon (Gotta Catch Em' All!) Thread  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Kelli

Re: The Pokemon (Gotta Catch Em' All!) Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 01:56:03 PM »
I love Pokemon,

I collect the cards (not as competitive, I collect for the artwork and rarity.)
I play a lot of the Pokemon games. (not all but I love Yellow, X, Puzzle Challenge and Conquest,)
I love collecting artwork from Ken Sugimori, and digging Beta Pokemon stuff.
I love the Pokemon manga's my favorite being the infamous anime-based manga series by Toshino Ono, (we get to see Jessy and James becoming canon there 3D)

Pokemon also was a huge inspiration for my webcomic,

I also have a unhealthy obsessed with Mewtwo and a little shrine in my room where I collect plushies, figures, keychains, cards and posters of the character.... :-[
Checkoutmyart at DA: http://kell0x.deviantart.com/

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 07:34:56 AM »
I will be spending all day on Pokemon Showdown to discover as many pranks as possible.
PK Rockin'

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 02:47:37 PM »
Guess what, ya'll? The original "First-before-Bus-Driver" Pokemon Red and Blue Commercial with the infamous Vacuum Cleaner is HERE!!!!  ;D

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 06:58:33 PM »
Obligatory Ultra Sun and Moon post.

I'm still not sold on this at the moment, although I am a bit tempted by the prospect of new Pokemon that weren't in Sun and Moon. Not because I like the look on the new Ultra Beasts, mind you, but more because I can't stand the thought of having an incomplete Pokedex. :P What do you guys think?
Want to see Scruffy play Sonic? LOTS of Sonic? Follow his Tumblr here!
Want to see Sonic battle Pokemon? Read "Sonic's Pokemon Adventure" on Scruffy's Deviantart here!

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 06:28:44 PM »
I've not seen this thread before - probably because I joined after its conception.

For the past few Pokemon games I've said I'd give them a miss - but for Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon I really mean it.

I'm not going to get these games.

My interest in Pokemon peaked during Black and White, but has been steadily declining. The 'Mega Form' concept introduced in the previous generation was... alright when I got used to it - but at the same time seemed like a broken way to revitalise some of the older monsters. Why not just give them a further evolution? Why not just allow some Pokemon a fourth evolution? Why not just give (more) Pokemon multiple evolution paths? Why go about introducing revamped evolutions this way?

Following on from the somewhat awkward Mega Form concept - the Sun and Moon 'Ultra Beast' concept has never really caught my interest. The Ultra Beasts are generic and uninteresting - and almost entirely charmless in terms of design. I find myself unable to take an interest in any of them. I dropped the Sun and Moon storyline as soon as I finished the main quest. The Ultra Beast follow-on story just... wasn't interesting. I literally have not picked up Pokemon Moon since I beat the main game.

So coming from someone whose interest in Pokemon was already on the wane - I really don't see the interest in the Ultra Beast concept and I have no intention of picking up Pokemon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon.

I may yet pick up the next generation's games though. Possibly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:30:34 PM by DoNotDelete »

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »
I beat Moon maybe a month or two ago and haven't picked up the post-game yet.

Anyone else think it's weird how... Wait, do I need to spoiler this?

[ You must login or register to view this spoiler! ]

That's weird, right? It's not just me?
"Dialogue is not all we need. Just pure communication is not an end in itself. But it's a start, and if we refuse to start, how can we expect to finish?"
- Simcha Fisher

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 03:30:20 AM »

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 06:45:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of most the Ultra Beasts either, but I did go through with catching all of them. And I do really like Guzlord. I called mine GuzzyWuzzy. XD
Want to see Scruffy play Sonic? LOTS of Sonic? Follow his Tumblr here!
Want to see Sonic battle Pokemon? Read "Sonic's Pokemon Adventure" on Scruffy's Deviantart here!