29/05/17 - 14:02 PM

Author Topic: Knuckles: Endangered Species #1 Cover & Solicit  (Read 2361 times)

Online The Shadow Imperator

Knuckles: Endangered Species #1 Cover & Solicit
« on: February 20, 2017, 09:48:39 PM »

KNUCKLES: ENDANGERED SPECIES #1

Picking up where Sonic the Hedgehog #243 left off, Knux gets his long-awaited time in the spotlight in “Endangered Species Part Two: In Captivity!” The Dark Egg Legion has prevailed over Team Fighters, and now Albion’s rescuers need rescuing—fortunately Knuckles, Julie-Su and Saffron are up to the challenge. But as Rad Red battles a robotic duplicate of himself and his guilt over his actions as Enerjak, an even greater threat looms on the horizon! Featuring cover art from superb Sonic artist Drawloverlala, and pencils from Gigi D, the creator of the renowned Sonic fancomic “The Murder of Me!”

Script: The Shadow Imperator & TuxKnux
Art: Gigi-D, Tim “J” Campbell, ebettoran and Ian PK
Cover Art: Drawloverlala

(Credits are not final and are subject to change)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:18:25 PM by The Shadow Imperator »

Re: Knuckles: Endangered Species #1 Cover & Solicit
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 12:06:07 AM »
Looks awesome! Do you have a rough release date?

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 12:16:35 AM »

If there was one it'd be in the solicit.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:25:04 AM by The Shadow Imperator »

Offline Kelli

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 02:43:17 AM »
looks amazing!! :)
Checkoutmyart at DA: http://kell0x.deviantart.com/

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 03:05:11 AM »
The cover art looks great.

General nitpick: my eye is distracted by the fill-gaps created by all the 'E's' in the lower part of the logo - something easily fixed by filling all those gaps in with white. There's also a fill-gap created by the 'C'.

I want to be looking at the cover art but those gaps in the logo are pulling my eye away - they're just too noticeable and distracting.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 04:03:41 AM »
Oooh, looking nice!
DC99

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 05:15:21 AM »
@Ian PK once told me this: There is no timetable of any kind for the comics. The issue may be close to completion; maybe it hasn't begun yet. This is a volunteer project, meaning that each comic will be finished when... well, they're finished.

But I've heard that multiple scripts are being worked on at the same time, and the team's currently working on only this issue, StHO #248, and SUO #50 and the moment, so who knows? Maybe more scripts will be finished once the first three comics wrap up production!

All in all, this is what we have so far. If you keep on waiting, the comic will come, and it WILL be worth it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:45:21 AM by darkpit06 »
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 08:15:11 AM »
Time for a more-detailed review.

The background is stunning, with a dark sky as the Chaotix square off with Lien-Da and her Kommissar, Gae-Na. Personally, I enjoy how Saffron looks. She looks so determined, and also real cute at the same time. But my favorite part of the entire thing? Thrash, looking menacingly over at the battle on top of those arches. And with him come a pack of menacing Devil Dogs, ready to heed his command.

Now, what could Thrash's ultimate plan be? As Shadow Imperator stated before, it WON'T be banishing the echidnas, and the new plan will tie HEAVILY into previous plot points. makes me all the more eager to see the Devil head down to Albion!

@Drawloverlala's mission is complete. Now it's time to wait for the story to unfold...
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 08:58:08 AM »
Way cool.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 01:18:50 PM »
Is the cover based of the original part 3 cover at all?

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 01:37:15 PM »
Is the cover based of the original part 3 cover at all?

A little. Also a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.

Offline LennyNoLennie

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 02:51:58 PM »
Saffron looks like a complete badass in this cover, and I am loving it!

Oh yeah and everything else looks neat too. .^.
Reading the signature now are you? :>

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 08:54:38 PM »
Man this is gonna be way past cool. I'm glad there is an update, I had no trouble keeping me busy but still waiting wasn't easy xD

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 07:47:11 PM »
You know what occured to me? I LOVE the titles of each part of a story arc. Why? Hidden meanings. And in Endangered Species' case, it references the plight of an actual endangered species.

On the Brink? Normally, an endangered species would be ON THE BRINK of extiction. In StH, the free echidnas are ON THE BRINK of extinction by the DEL.

In Captivity? In order to save a certain endangered species from extiction, people put them IN CAPTIVITY in a preserve or a zoo. Now, StHO's meaning is twofold. It references not only the free echidnas IN CAPTIVITY of the DEL, buut Team Fighters IN CAPTIVITY as well.

While I'm at it, let's take a look at At All Costs, Part 1's title: Fate Interrupted. This title represents the fact that Silver saved Team Fighters from their predicted death against Mecha Sally--in other words, he INTERRUPTED FATE!

Man, I hope more great titles with hidden meanings come our way soon...

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 08:04:37 PM »
I can promise that all the titles for this arc keep up the endangered species theme. Let's hope extinction isn't one of them this time. :o