20/08/17 - 08:29 AM

Author Topic: E3 2017 Thread  (Read 375 times)

Offline Snrub

E3 2017 Thread
« on: June 12, 2017, 11:05:15 PM »
With all the new games coming out I thought it would be nice to start a thread about it.

Here are some of the ones I thought looked interesting. First up is Hidden Agenda.

Hey, remember Beyond Good and Evil? Yeah, I don't quite remember it either but hey if Bubsy can get another sequel why not this. Of course, I don't remember there being that much profanity in the first one. So I guess language warning. Looks cool though.

Finally, Vampyr. Because who doesn't like playing as a monster?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:21:23 PM by Snrub »
“Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.” -Richard Feynman

Re: E3 2017 Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
Metroid Prime 4 got announced. Neat.

Edit:
SONIC FORCES BTFO
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:35:46 AM by Mister X »
For the first time in his life, Sonic is devoid of humor.
For the first time in his life, Sonic truly understands the meaning of war.

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 11:35:26 AM »
No actual visuals yet though, I wonder who's going to be actually developing the game (are Retro Studios still a thing?).

I might actually be convinced to get a Switch when it comes out.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 11:37:55 AM »
(are Retro Studios still a thing?).

Yeah they're still around, they made the new Donkey Kong Country games. Though I don't know if it's the same people who worked on the Prime games.

Edit: Not confirmed, but I'm reading rumors that they might not be involved with Prime 4.
Edit #2: It's not Retro: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/06/13/metroid-prime-4-is-being-developed-by-a-talented-new-development-team.aspx
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:36:49 PM by Mister X »

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 12:55:07 PM »
It's not Retro: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/06/13/metroid-prime-4-is-being-developed-by-a-talented-new-development-team.aspx

That's okay - so long as it's not Team Ninja.

Truthfully I didn't hate Other M, and I don't need this game to be developed by Retro Studios. It's at least good to know that they've identified the success of the Prime series and they're going to try to replicate that.

It's good news.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »
btw now we're also getting an official Metroid 2 remake

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 01:05:59 PM »
I am so getting that.

Also, INB4 the 'Boycott the official Metroid 2 remake for what Nintendo did to AM2R' bemoaning.

I mean, that was harsh of Nintendo, but it was their property the guy was using - without permission. It was legally in Nintendo's court to do what they wanted with it and they called cease and desist.

Offline LargoDELLZ

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
The moment Nintendo announced Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid: Samus Returns, Nintendo won E3 to me.
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."

Offline Snrub

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 05:23:21 PM »
So apparently Creative Assembly has just given up and is only doing Warhammer from here on in. :P

Also Cuphead is finally going to be released come September.

“Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.” -Richard Feynman

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »
The moment Nintendo announced Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid: Samus Returns, Nintendo won E3 to me.

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 10:36:34 PM »
Every E3, my internet slows down to a snails pace, or slower, but anyway, glad to see metroid get some recognition from nintendo, now where's mother 3?