23/10/17 - 06:19 AM

Author Topic: Mobius Legends Issue #3 Released  (Read 1921 times)

Offline TuxKnux

"You can't mess with Big the Cat anymore."--IGN

Re: Mobius Legends Issue #3 Released
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 03:21:05 PM »
Interesting read.

Too bad these aren't part of the ASO canon, though.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »
Coming sometime this Fall? Great!  ;D

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 04:02:59 PM »
Might as well relay my thoughts on this.

First off, it's really great to finally see abother comic from you guys. A gap this long between comics (9+ MONTHS!) is what I dreaded the most from you guys when I jumped on the bandwagon... But at least the payoff is satisfying. Right?

Regrets? I had a few... But now isn't the time to delve into those. Let me talk about Regrets! I'm sure some people are cheering that Scourge is BACK, baby! Also, Rouge did a really good speech to Fiona about Scourge. However, it's clear that Fi will still be with Scourge for the time being.

I won't forget Don't Forget as well. Now, what got me interested is that Silver mentioned a person named "Gold" in the intro. Is that Gold what I think it is... the adorable tenrec? Moving on, I enjoyed seeing two of Silver's closest compatriots for the first time in ASO. Good to see you acknowledged Silver and Espio's chemistry from Rivals 2. And I enjoyed Punki-Su (that's what I'm calling Jani-Ca) as well. The scene with Sonic gave me some Doctor Strange vibes going on. And I'm glad Blaze was there to give a cute pep talk for Silver. And get him out of that disturbed slumber of his. SEGUE!

One of my favorite parts of Disturbed is when Rouge gave that little reassuring pep talk to Shadow. Underneath all that attitude, we see that Rouge does care for her 30+ senior. Also, Omega's pose when he won was hilarious. The dab fad has reached Mobius, I suppose...

Now that the meat has been taken care of, time for afterthoughts. Honestly, I never thought that 6 more stories were in the pipeline... And another Silver story too! What adventures will you throw us into next time? From the bottom of my heart, keep it up... And try to release it much faster that 3. Waiting can be so excruciating...

Oh, and my body is ready for Tails Doll vs. Team Freedom, Emerl's debut, the Chaotix, whatever Thrash's plan is, and MOAR! (I'm not interested in Underground, so no plans on reading SUO #50.) See you hopefully very soon. ...Please?

Edit: Found out thay Gold was the cute tenrec! Great acknowledgement, guys!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:49:35 PM by darkpit06 »
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

Offline LennyNoLennie

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:30:12 PM »
If Omega can dab then Vector can bottle flip. Give us what we really want guys!!

In all seriousness, I liked the stories presented in this issue. Disturbed was probably my favorite out of the bunch. :)
Reading the signature now are you? :>

Offline GeoffreyStJohn

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 08:36:06 PM »
I'll get my criticisms out of the way first, cause I enjoyed this and as always love seeing the incredible work of so many talented creators coming together like this... But it's not flawless. I'm going to try and split the issues evenly between the micro-elements (for instance the art, designs, layouts, etc) and the macro-elements (narrative, character and genre), so while it's fair to call some of this nitpicking, I think acknowledging every point is important. I just want nothing less than perfection for the future issues, so here're my thoughts:

The first thing that struck me, and something I didn't really notice or think about on the other issues, was the logo. The "Mobius" part is awesome, the blue streak behind it looks great, and the black stroke around it all has a great dynamism and works really well. My issue is with the "Legends" part - specifically that it looks kind of stretched. After a little reflection I think the issue is with the text/font choice, which looks too vertically compressed, giving the impression that it's just been elongated from side to side. The thinness of the horizontal lines in the lettering, such as the bottom stroke on the L and the centre stroke on the E, do draw attention to this, I feel, and a different font choice or slightly less vertical compression might perhaps fix my personal issue with it. It's a very, very minor flaw, and possibly even a subjective one, but it's the one blemish on what I otherwise see as a super tightly-designed logo.

The first panel of Regrets has a minor speech bubble formatting issue that makes it a little more challenging to understand. I'll illustrate my point with two screenshots, and you can judge for yourself on which speech bubble order is the one that fits best for an American comic.

The first is the format that the comic uses. The second is the format that makes more sense to the average left-to-right reader. It's also the format that the rest of the comic uses... this is a pretty big oversight, but ultimately harmless. 99% consistency is good enough, anyway!

Now for the most part, I find the art in this story to be the weakest of the set, but it's far from bad. That said, the shading is what makes this the worst art in this issue. The lines are great - but the shading is so drab and (on the backgrounds in particular) inconsistent, making the environments and characters a little flat and lifeless. The action is fine, for sure, but there's some backgrounds where it looks like just a plain green-to-black gradient. The rest of the issue has great shading, so it really stands out here.

My last criticism of Regrets is the design of Scourge. It's his teeth... Funny thing to notice, I'm sure you'll think, but Scourge's teeth in the official comics are a huge part of the character's design that helps to achieve the intimidating effect you want him to put across. In this story, the teeth are no more than three triangles at most points - far from the shark-like grill we see otherwise.

Moving on to Don't Forget, there's one pretty obvious flaw that really got to me while reading this: it's confusing as all hell. I understand completely that it's meant to be, but I'm not very tuned into the Sonic '06 story, and only have very limited knowledge of the Archie adaptation of such. As a result, I have absolutely no idea what's happening. In most cases, the story is prefaced by a nice recap introducing the characters and a little backstory, but this is the one exception... the one which has the highest potential to leave people behind. I frankly don't get anything that's going on.

Quick insert: Put your pitchforks away! I know I've been very negative so far, but hold out - I elaborate a lot on my negative points because I feel it's more important to address the faults in a product in detail than to just talk about its successes. But don't worry! I'll get to the successes soon, so hold out a tad longer. Thanks!

I realise now that a load of people are gonna call me out saying "why don't you understand it's just x y z see its easy" and fair enough, but I'm working with what the comic gives me, and it doesn't give me much. So, please, spare the explanations!

This next point may just be me not understanding what's going on enough, but here goes: I think that Espio and Jani-Ca's inclusions in the comic feel forced. They don't really contribute anything to the plot by having specifically them there over any other characters - the main purpose of the characters are just to establish that weird stuff's happening to Silver's memory, but why them? Was that area they were on meant to be The Floating/Angel Island? I'm so confused regarding this whole story.

Let's move on to Disturbed before I provoke the wrath of more Silver/'06 fans, eh? I think this is by far the strongest story in the collection. I only made one bullet point criticism, and on my third read-through, too! Basically, I feel that the Dutch Angle/canted viewpoint is a tad overused in the nightmare scene... 3 out of 4 panels? Yikes. It's a fine technique to convey a chaotic environment, and in the heat of battle or a nightmare like this, that's a great time to use it. However, this edges closer to the Battlefield Earth end of the overuse spectrum. Granted, it's only one page so can never really get tiresome, but it's not a technique that the great action in Regrets had to rely on, so I think there can be a lesson learned in varying up viewpoint types here (ironic, since I'm going to go commend this same story for having some great variance later on).

Also... what is Shadow looking at? Not Mephiles, for sure.

So before I start gushing about how good this issue was, what's my one big complaint? That the art wasn't as good as New Domination!

New Domination is such an insanely high bar to set for artistic quality in these comics. It's gonna be incredible when the art team behind that gets back together again. Anyway, we were talking about Mobius Legends #3, not #2!

What made the most difference in this issue, for me, was the fact that all in all, despite its minor hiccups, this was the most solid issue yet in terms of writing and art. I may not have understood Don't Forget but goddamn that art was spectacular, and while I didn't love all of the artwork for Regrets the character writing was pitch-perfect. I have much larger problems with some of the stories in Issues #1 and #2 than here, so what the heck - I just love this issue.

Regrets was a great start to the comic. I loved the consistent background - a really neat attention to detail - and the action is fantastically-drawn. Personally, I prefer seeing Fiona as a more stable character than how she's represented here, but the changes made by the writer cleverly benefit the story and so I can't really complain. The ending is a great little twist, too. I love it when the heroes don't always win, but in this case, there was a minor victory, as Rouge planted the seed of doubt in Fiona's mind. It's clever storytelling that the reader can engage with, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this maps out.

Don't Forget, like I mentioned before, blew me away with its unbelievably beautiful artwork. As I said, I didn't understand it, but I certainly appreciated this story because of how actually stunning it looks. Every panel is breathtakingly well-done, with the colours being standout in the early few pages. But when I was most impressed with the art was when the panels broke away, with Silver and Blaze alone in the white space. Incredibly clever use of composition guides the eye from moment to moment and it's brilliant.

In Disturbed, I found that the creativity of the later scenes when it comes to viewpoint and composition is fantastic. The power of good angles to create an interesting conversation can't be underestimated and this story masterfully displays this in the dialogue between Shadow and Rouge near the end. Really great stuff. The cliffhanger is also a simple, fitting end to the comic - there's no better way to end it.

Also did Omega dab

Now one thing I neglected to mention up to this point is easily my favourite part of these small stories, the star of the show: Rouge. Both ClawRhythem and SonicWindAttack did excellent jobs with this character and made the comic an absolute joy to read. SonicWindAttack in particular brings out the sassy smack-talker perfectly while ClawRhythem exposes her more sensitive side. It's a fantastic duality, a fantastic character, and fantastic writing by both parties.

So... finally, after 3 hours of me intermittently rambling onto an internet forum while watching movies, my criticism is complete. Hopefully it helps... otherwise, what's the point, eh?

Have a good one, chaps, and looking forward to the next.

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 05:23:39 AM »
I have my own problems and gripes with this issue but those have been voiced in detail more privately elsewhere.

Those complaints in summary for the benefit of others:

* The dialogue in 'Regrets' is too wordy and doesn't read like a real conversation. It feels forced/artificial.
* No onomatopoeia or sound effect word balloons in any of the action scenes. Noticeably absent. The fight scenes feel empty without them.
* I have complaints about lettering and speech bubble arrangement throughout the whole comic. Also the typesetting on the 'Previously' pages.

That last point bothers me a lot more than your 'Average Joe' - but I come from a professional typesetting and graphic design background so all I can see are the mistakes. Generally speaking I'm not seeing a great deal of sensitivity or understanding toward the conventions regarding typesetting or correctly lettering comic pages. Unfortunately I can't impart many, many years of experience and study regarding said conventions in just a few brief paragraphs.

But it's a learning thing. We're on a path leading somewhere. As a whole it's not a bad effort.

The first thing that struck me, and something I didn't really notice or think about on the other issues, was the logo. The "Mobius" part is awesome, the blue streak behind it looks great, and the black stroke around it all has a great dynamism and works really well. My issue is with the "Legends" part - specifically that it looks kind of stretched. After a little reflection I think the issue is with the text/font choice, which looks too vertically compressed, giving the impression that it's just been elongated from side to side. The thinness of the horizontal lines in the lettering, such as the bottom stroke on the L and the centre stroke on the E, do draw attention to this, I feel, and a different font choice or slightly less vertical compression might perhaps fix my personal issue with it. It's a very, very minor flaw, and possibly even a subjective one, but it's the one blemish on what I otherwise see as a super tightly-designed logo.

I completely agree. I actually have more complaints about the logo than you do. I'm really not happy with it any more; All I see with it now are problems and mistakes.

I was happy with it at the time, but it's been over a year since I designed it/artworked it and I've changed a lot and learned a lot. If I redesigned it now it'd be a different thing.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

Offline SBR

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 09:54:15 AM »
My biggest problem was with Regrets. I loved getting Rouge vs Fiona but it seriously felt like it fell into the trap of trying to "Fix" Fiona because Fiona being bad was "OOC" or something.

I can't stand the argument that making Fiona a villain somehow ruined her nonexistent character and this whole story was about telling her/us that she was manipulated into being bad and that deep down she's still good. I mean accept for all the crime she did until randomly becoming Background filler a Freedom Fighter.

My only problem with Don't Forget is that @CrimDa  isn't doing official Sonic work. Seriously if the book comes back or a new one get's started elsewhere try to apply.

I'm a little confused with how Mephilies still Y'know exists in Disturbed but I did like the idea of expanding on his claim that humanity will turn on Shadow.

All-in-All I enjoyed it even Regrets despite the flaws.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 01:18:20 PM »
I'm a little confused with how Mephilies still Y'know exists in Disturbed but I did like the idea of expanding on his claim that humanity will turn on Shadow.

I'm pretty certain the story takes place in the Archieverse's Pre-SGW adaptation of '06.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 03:22:52 PM »
I just read this and it was pretty awesome. I'm a bit confused on the Mephiles story. Is this pretending Sonic 06 only started and didn't finish, or was Mephiles somehow reborn and rereleased?

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 03:35:59 PM »
I just read this and it was pretty awesome. I'm a bit confused on the Mephiles story. Is this pretending Sonic 06 only started and didn't finish, or was Mephiles somehow reborn and rereleased?
The former.

Offline Drawloverlala

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 11:10:28 PM »

Let's move on to Disturbed before I provoke the wrath of more Silver/'06 fans, eh? I think this is by far the strongest story in the collection. I only made one bullet point criticism, and on my third read-through, too! Basically, I feel that the Dutch Angle/canted viewpoint is a tad overused in the nightmare scene... 3 out of 4 panels? Yikes. It's a fine technique to convey a chaotic environment, and in the heat of battle or a nightmare like this, that's a great time to use it. However, this edges closer to the Battlefield Earth end of the overuse spectrum. Granted, it's only one page so can never really get tiresome, but it's not a technique that the great action in Regrets had to rely on, so I think there can be a lesson learned in varying up viewpoint types here (ironic, since I'm going to go commend this same story for having some great variance later on).

Also... what is Shadow looking at? Not Mephiles, for sure.

thank you so much for your critics! i'm definetly going to take notes from this, XD lol i do notice now there my mistake with Shadow's eyes...  since it's the first panel, and as the protagonist he is of the issue.. i tried to put shadow's body looking more to the reader, and not giving back, but i supose i could had done his face looking up so he can be looking more directly at Mephiles  ;D

and.. about the angle viewpoint, i'm having a bit trouble understanding english on this so i hope what i'm saying is ok XD
but of course i agree,  maybe panel 3 could have been not inclined, as long as the soldiers were shown along with Mephiles and also showing Shadow's reaction..  ^-^ 

In Disturbed, I found that the creativity of the later scenes when it comes to viewpoint and composition is fantastic. The power of good angles to create an interesting conversation can't be underestimated and this story masterfully displays this in the dialogue between Shadow and Rouge near the end. Really great stuff. The cliffhanger is also a simple, fitting end to the comic - there's no better way to end it.

Also did Omega dab

:))  aww thank you very much!!! when i read the dialogue i noticed the story had action only at page 3 so i really tried to change a lot the angles along Shadow and Rouge's conversation,  hehe i'm very glad to know you noticed that! i brings a smile to my face thank you!

oh yeah.. the script said, Omega boasting in the background, XD i just found the chance lol

i really enjoyed working on the pencils of this comic, Shadow's story on Sonic 2006 is my favourite from that game and i was a pleasure to draw something related to it and also because i had to draw guns, and vehicles and well that's pretty much new stuff for me.. not that i hadn't tried before but i'm not used to it so it was a nice learning experience...  i hope i can do better with the backgrounds and the angles in the future...

also it was absolutely satisfying looking at the results after the inking, coloring and lettering :D i feel everyone did a wonderful work!  :D so congrats guys!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:14:19 PM by Drawloverlala »

Offline Glitcher

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 12:45:08 PM »
Hey, hey! It's been a while since I showed my face avatar on this forum, but ever since I heard that Mobius Legends #3 was out, I just had to return to express my thoughts on it (just as I did in my issue #1 review and issue #2 review). :D It's always a joy getting another issue on this dedicated fan project. It shows that support for the Sonic comics is still strong in spite of Archie dropping the ball. At 38 pages, ML #3 is the longest issue yet, but does the extra space allow the stories within to be fully fleshed out? Let's take a look....

REGRETS

The cover of the first story "Regrets" is a triptych of Fiona, Scourge and Rouge juxtaposed against a Chaos emerald, courtesy of @Tim J and @Rik. This was also used as the main cover for the issue itself, which is the first problem I have here. Considering the team has gone to so much trouble to emulate Archie's format, the issue needs a separate main cover, since Archie never recycles their covers within their issues. Anyway, @Tale3211 is the penciller for the first story and he does a reasonably competent job in the role. He keeps the page layouts diverse and fluid, as well as mixes viewing angles to keep pages visually diverse while maintaining character accuracy. However, I notice that he neglects backgrounds a little too often, leaving @Miss Vinter to pick up the slack. This is the biggest problem that I have with "Regrets": Sally Vinter's colouring. It's so flat and garish. She rarely makes an attempt to play with deep shadows that the thick forest provides, preferring to colour most panels with a very bright and simplistic palette. This kind of scenery begs for colour perspective, but the closest Sally Vinter comes to dynamic colouring is in the title page. On other pages, she's absolutely obsessed with halftone patterns! It's especially ugly here where two different halftone patterns clash on the same panel.

Another matter of presentation, @GeoffreyStJohn mentioned that the thought bubbles in the first panel are out of order. That's really careless. Also, the text is too small in proportion to the size of the page. In fact, it gets even smaller on the last page! This is a common schoolboy error, but I didn't expect it from Rik because he did the lettering for "Invaders From Beyond" in ML #2, and the text was consistently the right size. Pay more attention next time. _

Concerning the story, I was excited to see @SonicWindAttack return after his success writing for Amy in "A Maiden's Heart" (easily the best short in ML we've had to date). "Regrets" follows a similar theme by exploring a female character's turmoil, but unfortunately the result is markedly less interesting. Unlike Amy's loosely-bound flashbacks, I felt that basing the story on a Chaos emerald fistfight (something that I have a negative association with recent issues) limits the characterisation here. Granted, SWA demonstrates a keen understanding of the material with appropriate dialogue and astute annotations, but the story never amounts to anything. Rouge spends the whole encounter taunting Fiona over the choices she made and her misplaced trust in Scourge. This last point proves true when Scourge leaves Fiona to fend for herself. Normally this would cause Fiona to have doubts and reevaluate her life, but... she doesn't! She's quickly knocked out and never confronts Scourge when she comes to. Instead the focus returns to the plot about the Chaos emerald and Rouge reporting to G.U.N. This is a terrible way to end it, because the format of this short story means the plot has a loose end when SWA should have properly wrapped up the theme of Fiona's allegiance instead. The whole story felt like a build-up to a payoff that never happened. A disappointing follow-up to "A Maiden's Heart". :(

Story: **
Art: ***

DON'T FORGET

@faceclams delivers the shattered cover for this issue as well as fulfilling writing duties... including the recap. Okay, what is with this recap? :o Why are all the journal entries numbered 23? That's not the correct format. And I dare anyone to make sense of this journal. Not only does it contain snippets of random events, but it also references Dr. Nega and Gold - two characters who have only appeared in the current comic continuity. If the whole point of this project is to respect the classic continuity, why in the holy hell are Nega and Gold referenced in here? >_<

But I'll get back to the writing later. Artistically, @CrimDa does a commendable job pencilling the story. Pages are bustling with lots of detail and she never skimps on backgrounds where they're needed. In fact, I was very impressed with the way she managed to compose the broken background around the pages to complement the chaotic flow of the story while remaining visually clear. It demonstrates a lot of creativity and structure for this kind of work. However, her characters could use a bit more refinement, frequently displaying stubby proportions that make them look like children. I swear that Silver is five years old in this middle panel. The colouring by Sally Vinter is equally impressive. Is this the same Vinter who coloured the first story? It's in a completely different league. Most noticeably, she's much more conscious of the ambient lighting here, alternating between the lurid red of Silver's dystopian future (I'm betting STH #215 was a frequent reference) to the bright daylight of green pastures. The panel with Espio's first appearance is noteworthy for its strong use of shadows, but I wish Sally Vinter had used black just as liberally on page 23 to give Blaze's "darkness" quote more impact. A missed opportunity.

And then there's the story.... What. The. Hell. It actually shares some similarities with the story "Trigger" from ML #1 -  the worst ML story to date - with its loose structure and constant change of setting. Here, Faceclams tries to justify it with Silver experiencing fractured memories and dreams from too much time manipulation. This sounds interesting in theory since it gives the writer free reign to tell an introspective story in a dissociative manner. Unfortunately, Faceclams absolutely butchers the execution. >:( Right at the start, Silver claims to have "done it" before passing out. What did he do and why did he pass out? These are the first of many unexplained events. Back in his dystopian future, he finds Espio and starts gathering Chao. (Why?!) More crazy shenanigans occur with Jani-Ca, Sonic and Blaze making appearances in the crumbling environment, but my head hurts too much to explain it.

This is garbage writing. Faceclams tries to weave a story through dream logic, but even dreams convey a particular desire or message. This story has no direction, no character development and no attempt at coherence. As much as I hated "Trigger", at least Singapore Sling tried to build a story around Blaze and Elise's friendship. Here, I can't even tell what the point is! Characters appear but add little to the story. In a dream sequence, different characters should reflect different facets of the dreamer's persona. What side does Espio reflect? Or Jani-Ca? Or Sonic... who can't even speak! The whole story feels like an onslaught of non-sequiturs where Silver is visiting different places and people just for the hell of it. I'm actually amazed that CrimDa managed to make enough sense of the script to illustrate it. Overall, "Don't Forget" tops "Trigger" as the most badly-written story in Mobius Legends. I'm trying to forget. >_<

Story: ZERO stars!
Art: ****

DISTURBED

An intense cover of Shadow fighting the spawn of Mephiles sets the scene for "Disturbed", illustrated by ML regular @Drawloverlala . I've always loved DLL's artwork, but she's been saddled with two lacklustre stories in the previous issues. Is third time the charm? She certainly delivers in the visual department with good page layouts, energetic action poses, and the most accurate character drawings in this issue. I especially love Omega's Usain Bolt pose after besting Shadow. :D GeoffreyStJohn complains of overuse of Dutch angles, but I feel that the tilt is usually the best fit for the shape of the panel. @EnigmaMachine also deserves credit for his excellent colouring. His palette is always a good match for the lighting, from the sizzling lava pit to the pale lightning strike to the sepia flashback. It's on par with official artwork, so a hearty mazel tov to the artists involved.

As for the story... this one is actually good! I haven't played Sonic '06, but I get the gist of it. "Disturbed" is written by @ClawRhythem and focuses on Shadow's conflict with Mephiles. It sets up this premise effectively with a nightmare sequence that puts Shadow on edge for the rest of the story. After becoming distracted and losing a sparring match to Omega, Shadow tries to set off and face Mephiles alone, but Rouge reminds him of the importance of the team. We've seen this sort of interaction in the comics before, but ClawRhythem handles it well with fitting dialogue and encouragement that's not too sentimental. It reestablishes Shadow's place in the team and importance of friends. The only thing that bothers me is the ending, which brings Mephiles back into the picture. I've noticed this trope pervading Mobius Legends where the ending baits us with a follow-up that's never going to happen. This is obviously a bad habit picked up from the official comics where issues have cliffhangers, but cliffhangers only work if they follow through. The focus of the story is on the team, not Mephiles. He shouldn't be in the ending at all! Had the last page shown only Team Dark driving out of G.U.N., that would have retained the focus of the story and wrapped it up nicely, but reintroducing Mephiles distracts from the central theme. This makes me question if ClawRhythem even knew what he was writing. Still... it's a pretty good story and easily the best that Drawloverlala had to work with. Finally a script that does justice to her talent.

Story: ****
Art: *****

So that's my review for ML #3! I also want to give credit to @FritzyBeat for the funny Off-Panel as well as the editors for putting it all together. After reading all three issues, I've noticed that the artwork is generally superior to the writing. It's easy to select artists for the project because illustrations can be judged quickly, but stories take more time to evaluate and determine if writers have the required skill. I recommend that editors employ a more stringent screening process to avoid disasters like "Trigger" and "Don't Forget" being greenlit. No matter how beautiful the artwork, it won't fix a bad script and it just wastes the artist's time. So please make sure to review future scripts and keep the comic as much fun to read as it is to look at. Oh, and one more thing....

USE MORE SOUND EFFECTS!

DoNotDelete is right. All three stories suffer from a shocking lack of sound effects! The only one present is the "BRLN-DING!" at the beginning of "Don't Forget", but all the action scenes are mute. That's inexcusable. Keep working at it and hopefully these shortcomings will be addressed by the time the next issue is released. I'm still eager to see more...

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 04:39:52 AM »
Thank you very much for your input, Glitcher.

I appreciate it takes a lot of time to do such a comprehensive breakdown of a multi-page comic like this.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

Offline SBR

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »

DON'T FORGET

@faceclams delivers the shattered cover for this issue as well as fulfilling writing duties... including the recap. Okay, what is with this recap? :o Why are all the journal entries numbered 23? That's not the correct format. And I dare anyone to make sense of this journal.

They're all numbered 23 because they're all the same entry but rewritten as time is rewritten. ...I thought that was obvious?

Not only does it contain snippets of random events, but it also references Dr. Nega and Gold - two characters who have only appeared in the current comic continuity.

Um, Nega had a whole plotline where he fought the Zone Cops. Plus he's a Sega character. What are you on about?

If the whole point of this project is to respect the classic continuity, why in the holy hell are Nega and Gold referenced in here? >_<

Because it's part of the Paradox.

The whole point of the story is that Time is unraveling and the damage is getting worse. Such as why Silver doesn't remember Sonic's name and why he can't speak. Time's been too far removed from Silver and Sonic.

I'm being serious here when I say I genuinely thought this was obvious. But then again I watch a lot of Doctor Who.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.