11/12/17 - 09:03 AM

Author Topic: Mobius Legends Issue #3 Released  (Read 2447 times)

Offline DoNotDelete

Re: Mobius Legends Issue #3 Released
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 03:41:32 AM »
I myself don't have a problem with the 'disjointed' or 'non-linear' style of writing Sling has used in this and previous shorts. I think you have to adopt such approaches if you want to communicate a lot of information in just a seven-page comic.

It might be that as a storytelling approach it's a tad unconventional for a lot of 'traditional' comic-book readers. I dunno. I don't really see a problem with it.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 11:54:05 AM »
Sorry to derail any conversations, but I just wanted to say "Thank you" to everyone that is working to make these comics. You guys are doing a fantastic job! Each issue has really felt like a continuation of the writing/storytelling from when I read the comics as a kid.

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 07:14:57 PM »
Since the new StH-O #248 will be coming sometime this Fall, I'll lay low for a while. Don't worry, though. I look forward to seeing it at that time.

Offline Kelli

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 07:12:04 AM »
I manage to catch up finally I first want to start with the pro's,

the art is excellent, the characters are on model and the lineart is clean and claer. Major props for everyone on that department. The logo use and work is also pretty nice. The first story is giving me Yardey art style vibes! My only issue is that I personally dont feel that the dotted pattern works with  the fight panel on page 8. Second story was also drawn nice the use of different expressions was the strongest point. The use of shading and black really made it stand out, THe last story has the best art, and use of paneling. The coloring is also the top notch.

However for the stories..I have too be honest that I haven't been too impressed with them, I prefer the more linear way of story telling, if anything Disturbed has to be the strongest out of the 3 it has good pacing but also panels that gives you time to take in the moment in silence. I found the first story to be the weakest and sometimes having moments of characters acting out of character, I personally dont see Fiona Fox tearing up after getting a beat down, she's the sort of character that so far is shown to tear up when she gets emotionally hurt instead.

Having said that it's no where near as bad as Trigger which imo is the weakest out of all the stories so far. (story wise but the art was wonderful)  I feel this issue is definally a step up and I am looking forward to see more.
Checkoutmyart at DA: http://kell0x.deviantart.com/

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 07:58:07 AM »
I personally dont see Fiona Fox tearing up after getting a beat down, she's the sort of character that so far is shown to tear up when she gets emotionally hurt instead.
But she... was emotionally hurt?  She didn't cry because Rouge was beating her, it was because Rouge called her out on her poor decision to dump Sonic for Scourge.  I'm not trying to turn away valid criticism for my story, but I honestly thought that was pretty clear.

My biggest problem was with Regrets. I loved getting Rouge vs Fiona but it seriously felt like it fell into the trap of trying to "Fix" Fiona because Fiona being bad was "OOC" or something.

I can't stand the argument that making Fiona a villain somehow ruined her nonexistent character and this whole story was about telling her/us that she was manipulated into being bad and that deep down she's still good. I mean accept for all the crime she did until randomly becoming Background filler a Freedom Fighter.
Whether or not Fiona becoming a villain made her a more interesting character is irrelevant.  The fact remains that she, in-universe, made a bad decision and is suffering the consequences for it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:12:18 AM by SonicWindAttack »

Offline Kelli

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 09:08:22 AM »
Sorry but it didn't look too-too clear to me, it was hard to judge because they were having a beat down that and I couldnt really see Fiona being that upset to dump Sonic, she was always confidence in her decision her insecurity always seems to come from her loyalty to Scouge  not because she and Sonic were such a good match in the first place. (since she did stated  twice that she was dissapointed with him being too hung up on the hero thing after all) Fiona's biggest flaw and obstacle is that she was never able to really forgive Sonic for leaving her behind.
Checkoutmyart at DA: http://kell0x.deviantart.com/

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »
Very nice, I read all 3 issues so far on Mobius Lengend. Keep it up