23/09/18 - 18:54 PM

Poll

Should the Sonic Underground Epilogue be split up?

No, keep it as a double-size issue.
2 (14.3%)
Yes, make it a four-parter.
5 (35.7%)
Yes, but make it just a two-parter.
5 (35.7%)
Please don't make the Sonic Underground Epilogue.
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Poll: Should the Sonic Underground Epilogue be split up?  (Read 957 times)

Poll: Should the Sonic Underground Epilogue be split up?
« on: September 30, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »
(Based on what's been said on Tumblr, it's my understanding that the Sonic Underground epilogue issue is still in the early stages of development, and that it's not too late to be saying this.)

So I was thinking:  Why not split the Sonic Underground epilogue into a normal four-part Sonic Universe arc? This would allow for more time to fully develop the characters and, I feel, give the series a more satisfying ending. I mean, out of all the Sonic Universe stories to get a four-part arc, why not the conclusion to a 40-episode-long TV show?  :3 

I assume the original reason it was set to be contained within one issue was that Archie didn't want to alienate those readers who weren't interested in the show. I am not a big fan of the show myself, but that's because of sloppy writing and bad music videos, lol. I think the concept and characters have plenty of potential, and I think many of us would like to see them brought to their full potential. Besides, this is almost certainly the only ending the series will ever get.

Anyway, that's just my personal inclination. Iím curious what everyone else thinks!

Offline GentlemanX

Re: Poll: Should the Sonic Underground Epilogue be split up?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:54:17 PM »
The Underground finale has already been written and was always intended as a stand alone story, even when conceived by us. That said, there will be an update on the story soon as plans have changed.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 11:49:39 AM »
Nice!  Then I take it back.  8)  As far as fan projects go, progress is the best thing I can ask for, lol. 

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 12:29:26 AM »
Honestly, if the story is big, it should be a 4 parter.