23/09/18 - 19:06 PM

Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog Online #249 Cover & Solicit  (Read 2446 times)

Offline The Shadow Imperator

Sonic the Hedgehog Online #249 Cover & Solicit
« on: December 31, 2017, 07:03:00 PM »

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ONLINE #249

The Mecha Sally arc reaches its long-awaited conclusion in "Against the Clock": Team Fighters has successfully returned to New Mobotropolis with the captured Mecha Sally, but Dr. Eggman still has a few more tricks up his sleeveónamely a new-and-improved Metal Sonic and an ancient war machine! As the battle rages on in the imperiled city, will Sonic have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save the day?! It's the action-packed climax you've all been waiting for, with a jaw-dropping ending you can't afford to miss! Featuring cover art from Sonic fan artist extraordinaire Drawloverlala!

Writer: SonicWindAttack
Pencils: CrimDa and Tim "J" Campbell
Inks: OohCee
Colors: Drawloverlala
Letters: Ian PK
Editor: The Shadow Imperator
Cover Artists: Drawloverlala (Pencils and Colors), elisonic12 (Inks)
StH-O Logo: DoNotDelete

(Credits are not final and are subject to change)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 07:10:49 PM by The Shadow Imperator »

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Online #249 Cover & Solicit
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 09:14:35 PM »
Cool! Can't wait to see it soon.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 04:53:13 AM »
That's a pretty good cover. :D

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 06:03:00 AM »
It's pretty fitting, really. On Janaury 1 of 2017, you showcased a rough drft of this very cover. And now on December 31, you show us the cover in its entirety! A nice bookend to the year.

Let's see if #250's cover is as grandiose as the rest of the milestone covers...
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

Offline Tsurugi

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 06:37:38 AM »
Ooooh neat :D
Looking forward to this, hope we won't be waiting as long. But if waiting longer means better quality then that's fine by me
This world is made of LOVE & PEACE :D !!- Vash The Stampede

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. - Walt Disney

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 08:54:03 AM »
Looks good.

Let's take an honest pop at the sound effect shortfalls this time, please.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 12:12:29 PM »
Looks good.

Let's take an honest pop at the sound effect shortfalls this time, please.

Do we really need sound effects? I can imagine the sounds and whatnot myself just fine, and I don't need some fancy 'sound effects' to do it for me. So I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of them altogether.

Offline GentlemanX

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 02:31:49 PM »
Sound effects are an expected part of comic books, meant to further immerse the reader in the world of the comic. Honestly, I've never really read them, but I appreciate the criticism we've received regarding it.

So, for what it's worth, it's on my mind and I'll be thinking about it going forward when I see the pages.

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 02:52:58 PM »
Sonic is trying to save Sally from her robo-self. Nothing is gonna keep them apart! Not this time!

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 02:56:04 PM »
Wait, ultimate sacrifice?! No.... What's he gonna sacrifice? Himself or his chance to save Sally?! Because either will be equally horrible!

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 02:57:31 PM »
Will the release of the issue be this month or will this take longer than the original comics?

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »
Will the release of the issue be this month or will this take longer than the original comics?

Itíll take longer

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 06:04:19 PM »
It definitely won't be this month. Since this comic is entirely voluntary, there's no set release date. We get the next issue when it's finished, and that's that.
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 06:56:12 AM »
Do we really need sound effects? I can imagine the sounds and whatnot myself just fine, and I don't need some fancy 'sound effects' to do it for me. So I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of them altogether.

They're part of the language of comics. Going back as far as I can remember. A time-honoured/respected comic industry standard.

I suppose really I'm also speaking from a position of professional responsibility (even though I'm not an editor here at ASO): if people are going to present themselves as letterers outside of this community - citing having worked as a letterer on Archie Sonic Online - I want them to be able to demonstrate the full skill set - that means being fully versed in creating sound effect art as well as having experience lettering pages.

Basically - in my opinion - you don't really have the right to call yourself a letterer if you can't create sound effect art. That might sound harsh, but that's the honest response you'll be met with in the professional comic-book community. If you present yourself as a letterer at a professional level but you can't show any examples of having done sound effect art, you won't be taken seriously. It also reflects badly on ASO - suggesting we hold our letterers to low standards.

So long as I am here at ASO I'm going to continue to hold people to a standard of professionalism - and that means pointing out shortfalls like a noticeable absence of sound effect art. That might make me come off as being a jerk a lot of the time - but I'm genuinely trying to encourage people in the right direction.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 07:03:19 AM by DoNotDelete »

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »
Every page of issue 1 was released 6 months after they unveiled the cover, so.....six months?