23/09/18 - 18:54 PM

Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog Online #249 Cover & Solicit  (Read 2445 times)

Offline DaddlerTheDalek

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Online #249 Cover & Solicit
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 07:38:26 PM »
Looking forward to it.
"You're watching a Poster!"

Offline Glitcher

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 12:12:55 AM »
Sound effects are an expected part of comic books, meant to further immerse the reader in the world of the comic. Honestly, I've never really read them, but I appreciate the criticism we've received regarding it.

So, for what it's worth, it's on my mind and I'll be thinking about it going forward when I see the pages.

Good. There is another aspect about Sonic #248 that I neglected to mention in my earlier criticism: The lack of a proper introduction. And I don't mean the foreword after the cover, I'm talking about the basic setup of the story. This is your first issue in the main comic series and it just starts with no warning. :o The first panel shows the Freedom Fighters chatting over Mecha Sally without first setting the scene. There's no establishing shot of the Death Egg or any panels devoted to the chaos that occurred in the previous issue. You need those panels to ease readers back into a story that has been abandoned for years. In my own comic, I didn't even introduce the Freedom Fighters until page 7. I felt that sparing a few pages to show the conflict within Albion would help set the stage for the heroes' first appearance. There's nothing like that in your comic. I've seen others make this mistake before and I always advise them to build their introduction with a bit more flair. As I stated earlier, my biggest complaint about Sonic #248 is just how perfunctory the story is. Moving forward, I suggest you and @SonicWindAttack work on polishing your script for issue #249. At the very least, have an establishing shot or two to tell parts of the story without words.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:15:51 AM by Glitcher »
Check out my guide for 10 Misconceptions About Criticism

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 07:28:51 PM »
do you guys have a regular release schedule you're aiming for? like, i'm assuming it's not once a month or anything, but just wondering.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 07:38:56 PM »
I'm rereading everything up to World's Collide so I can be caught up for when this is released

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 10:18:07 PM »
So have I my friend, except for the last three parts of the Endangered Species arc.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 11:06:37 PM »
do you guys have a regular release schedule you're aiming for? like, i'm assuming it's not once a month or anything, but just wondering.

Nope! Issues get done when they get done!  :)

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 07:44:05 AM »
Nope! Issues get done when they get done!  :)

So about how long does it take to finish an issue? how long did 248 take to finish? not trying to rush you guys or anything, just curious.