23/09/18 - 18:57 PM

Author Topic: Your favourite Sonic Boom episode  (Read 6430 times)

Offline DaddlerTheDalek

Your favourite Sonic Boom episode
« on: February 10, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »
What is your favourite episode from the show to this day?
"You're watching a Poster!"

Offline TwinTailTale

Re: Your favourite Sonic Boom episode
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:56:03 PM »

Oh. Easy question.

TAILS CRUSH. Hands down. No contest.

Watching Tails do his best to try and get Zooey as a girlfriend was probably the most entertaining thing I've watched in a Sonic animated series.

Watching Eggman go from daily villain to Mad Doctor Bro. That amused me terribly. That even though he tries to kill the Sonic team, he'll respect their love lives and even play wingman. (Because apparently chicks dig it when guys foil his schemes?)

That and Tails gets a canon love interest that, to what I know, doesn't seem to be heading towards dying at the end of the series.

I'm a team player that's going to do what he wants. I'm have a lot of ideas, that I'm not going to give all away.  I won't use Sonic, Robotnik, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, or any major Sonic character. But I can make the best Sonic writing you can't begin to imagine.  And that's part of why I'm here.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:25:00 PM »

Oh. Easy question.

TAILS CRUSH. Hands down. No contest.

Watching Tails do his best to try and get Zooey as a girlfriend was probably the most entertaining thing I've watched in a Sonic animated series.

Watching Eggman go from daily villain to Mad Doctor Bro. That amused me terribly. That even though he tries to kill the Sonic team, he'll respect their love lives and even play wingman. (Because apparently chicks dig it when guys foil his schemes?)

That and Tails gets a canon love interest that, to what I know, doesn't seem to be heading towards dying at the end of the series.

Tail's love interests do have a knack for stomping his heart to pieces. [ You must login or register to view this spoiler! ] It's only a matter of time...
"Ya know Amy, anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo." -God

Offline TwinTailTale

..just had to go there...
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »
Tail's love interests do have a knack for stomping his heart to pieces. [ You must login or register to view this spoiler! ] It's only a matter of time...

.....really had to take it there didn't you...
I mean. OK. I can't.. really say you're wrong. But just HAD to remind me.

At least in the Japanese Sonic X we get an "I'll always love you" in that last appearance.

Archie.............

...................yeeeeeeeeeeah. We'll not even talk about Tails love life there...
I'm a team player that's going to do what he wants. I'm have a lot of ideas, that I'm not going to give all away.  I won't use Sonic, Robotnik, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, or any major Sonic character. But I can make the best Sonic writing you can't begin to imagine.  And that's part of why I'm here.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 07:57:10 PM »
Out of the ones I've seen?

"Cowbot," Hands-down.

"Cowbot" embodied what I personally wanted from Sonic Boom, an interaction between Sonic, Tails, and Eggman in surreal and comical situations. Most other episodes feel as if they have to deal with shoe-horned action scenes written and animated by people who didn't want to do action scenes, and jokes that were made at the expense of character and were just mean-spirit, if not downright unfunny.

Offline Ian PK

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 08:24:56 PM »
"Cowbot", "Battle of the Boy Bands", "Don't Judge Me", "The Meteor", and "Just A Guy" are some of my favorites, to name a few.
Eggman is definitely the highlight of any episode he's in :D

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 10:09:42 PM »
"Don't Judge Me"...? Was that the one where Eggman sued Sonic? That one disappointed me to no end. What was probably one of my most anticipated episode fell into "lolrandum" humor and other weirdness thatI have expunged from my mind. I just remember a lot of the jokes didn't connect. There were a lot of "jangly key" moments, as i like to refer to them. A "Look at this. Isn't this wacky? Hyuck Yuck!" instead of a good set-up/pay off.

I remember Knuckles being pretty funny in it, though.

"Dude, Where's My Eggman" had a fine punchline, I think.

My favorite Sonic Boom story is probably the one with Kevin the Gorilla, or whatever his name one. The one from the final comic.

Offline TwinTailTale

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 10:16:56 PM »
"Cowbot", "Battle of the Boy Bands", "Don't Judge Me", "The Meteor", and "Just A Guy" are some of my favorites, to name a few.
Eggman is definitely the highlight of any episode he's in :D

Oh riiiiight Battle of the Boy Bands.

That actually entertained me due to how self aware it was about every 90s boy band and how easy it was to become one.  Although I will have to admit, the mere name "Dreamboat Express" was so cheesy, I had to see how they used it.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 11:23:25 PM »
Mine would probably be the Library Book episode. The whole thing was one gag after another, and each one had be chuckling.

Singapore Sling

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 11:38:21 PM »
The episode that introduces Charlie, the greatest Sonic villain of all time.

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 12:43:18 PM »
i was pretty fond of 'let's play musical friends', myself.

Offline Neo The Blue Flame

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 05:35:17 PM »
that one episode that had shadow. obvious reasons

Offline Fandom cop

Re: ..just had to go there...
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 04:49:45 PM »

.....really had to take it there didn't you...
I mean. OK. I can't.. really say you're wrong. But just HAD to remind me.

At least in the Japanese Sonic X we get an "I'll always love you" in that last appearance.

Archie.............

...................yeeeeeeeeeeah. We'll not even talk about Tails love life there...

I feel bad for tails. Fiona's no longer allowed in the comics and tails and nicole won't happen because of sega's stupid mandates and the good old sonic fandom having to have a temper tandrom over every little thing.

Offline TwinTailTale

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 05:15:45 PM »
I feel bad for tails. Fiona's no longer allowed in the comics and tails and nicole won't happen because of sega's stupid mandates and the good old sonic fandom having to have a temper tandrom over every little thing.

At one point I will admit... I did feel bad for Tails. Not gonna lie...

And then this became CANON.

It's like the Sonic Boom TV series recognized Tails potential love interests dying or backstabbing him, that they did this right.

Offline Fandom cop

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 05:39:02 PM »
i agree. i'm glad they did this.