23/09/18 - 19:15 PM

Author Topic: Your favourite Sonic Boom episode  (Read 6431 times)

Re: Your favourite Sonic Boom episode
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »
Fiona's not exactly the best of girlfriend material, really. I wouldn't be too hung up on it.

Offline Fandom cop

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 10:34:07 PM »
Like Ian flynn said, she's redeamable. worse case senario you guys draw out how tails and mina became a thing like in 30 years later though flynn conformed it wasn't the true future for the gang.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 06:34:42 PM »
Did Ian actually say that Fiona is redeemable? Last I remember, he said that it still remains to be seen whether she's rotten to the core or could ultimately be redeemed.
Want to see Scruffy play Sonic? LOTS of Sonic? Follow his Tumblr here!
Want to see Sonic battle Pokemon? Read "Sonic's Pokemon Adventure" on Scruffy's Deviantart here!

Offline Korke

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 09:34:04 PM »
Back to the op, I'm divided between Translate This; Tails' Crush and Fire on a Crowded Workshop

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 10:01:02 PM »
Did Ian actually say that Fiona is redeemable? Last I remember, he said that it still remains to be seen whether she's rotten to the core or could ultimately be redeemed.
I could totally see Scourge abusing her, then leaving her to die and rot as a hilarious result of karma. All villains deserve their upcommance. I would go hysterical if she ended up getting killed by Mecha Sally. ;D

After what she did to Tails, she deserves no mercy or sympathy. :)
"C'mon, step it up!" -Sonic, SSBB

Offline The Shadow Imperator

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 10:37:40 PM »
I could totally see Scourge abusing her, then leaving her to die and rot as a hilarious result of karma. All villains deserve their upcommance. I would go hysterical if she ended up getting killed by Mecha Sally. ;D

You think the abuse and murder of women is "hilarious?"

Singapore Sling

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 02:14:33 AM »

So for slapping Tails across the face, someone deserves to be abused and murdered.

I'm not a nice person. And if it wasn't for the fact I'm already a bit pissed at myself for breaking my own "No douchebagging" rule I really wanted to keep, during the Boom thread, I'd probably be a lot harsher on you. But I'm trying hard to be a vaguely upstanding representation of this site's creative staff, so what I'm going to tell you is a very carefully worded version of what I'm really thinking. I'm telling you this for two reasons: so you appreciate that I'm trying my hardest to be polite to you, and so you can know that I want to say a much harsher version of the following paragraph.

This is not acceptable. I'm not telling you this with authority I don't even have, I'm telling you this just as another human being. Even if you're joking, you're not being "cute." You're not being funny. You're saying a melodramatic ending to a love triangle in a mediocre kid's comic would be worth a woman being abused to death. This exaggeration isn't funny, and I'm someone who LOVES incredibly exaggerated black comedy. It's just tasteless and tactless. There is nothing appropriate about your sentiment, and the fact you do these cutesy little emoticons while doing so is incredibly disgusting.

There is nothing good about your post, and you shouldn't feel even the slightest bit good about it.

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 03:33:20 AM »
No, it's just that I never thought Fiona was a good character at all...her Face-Heel Turn pretty much made me outright hate her. I just really hated what she did to Tails, honestly I would've liked her better had she stayed as a Freedom Fighter. I deeply apologize about my last statement but I just can't tolerate anything about Fiona's character...or the cliché of a nice girl turning against another sweet guy. I'm sorry, but all villains deserve their upcommance. I never said I had anything against women, I just don't approve of Fiona's actions. Considering how similar Scourge is to the Joker, it's really not that far-fetched. Again, I don't hate Fiona...I just hate the way she was executed. I'm sorry if I was being too immature about my last statement, I really should stop talking about things I don't like about a character. I just got carried away and lost my sanity. Everyone has their off days and I couldn't control myself. I promise, this is the last time I'll ever say anything absurd. To be honest, I actually do want Fiona to live and betray Scourge. :-X

Anyway, let's get back to my favorite Sonic Boom episode. I really enjoyed the episode when Swifty the Shrew made his debut. I just love everything about this jerk, I liked how Sonic had another rival exclusive to this show. His attitude, his personality, his design, all of that makes me think he was the best villain ever. Too bad he was a robot at the end though. :(
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:55:21 AM by GreenBlade64 »

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 04:01:32 AM »
You think the abuse and murder of women is "hilarious?"
No, I don't. I just don't approve of Fiona's actions. Her personality after she paired up with Scourge just makes me cringe. She became a one-dimensional, stereotypical "bad girl" who thinks she better than anyone. She's extremely egotistical and a liar. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I just couldn't keep myself under control and I wasn't thinking straight.

I mean, how the heck did those two even meet? I'm not a fan of this relationship at all. It makes no sense. Don't get me wrong, I actually LOVED everything about Fiona in the pre-reboot when she was a Freedom Fighter. She actually had a "real" personality and I could easily relate to her. I felt sorry for her and I felt emotionally attached to her. But when she turned to the dark side, she lost all of that charisma and became nothing more than Scourge's arm candy. That's literally all she is now, that's her motivation in a nutshell. Being her "bad girl" egotistical self just to impress her man is all that she ever is. It's not like Sonic and his friends would give her a second chance. Well, except for Mighty and Ray but that's beside the point.

Fiona doesn't really deserve abuse or death at all. She does deserve redemption, but have her betray Scourge. If she truly felt sorry for all the actions that she caused and talked to Mighty and Ray about it, then I would forgive everything about Fiona. That's actual character development and not being Scourge's "bad girl" servant woman. I feel like a romance between Mighty and Fiona would make a lot more sense than being with Scourge of all people.

I personally and wholeheartedly believe that Fiona has the potential to become a much better, developed and fleshed-out character. Make her like she was before the "bad girl" stereotype and have her be in a relationship with Mighty. This is what I truly desire from Fiona, not abuse or death. I was just quoting what a typical Fiona hater would say about her on DeviantArt.

Do you understand now? I do NOT hate Fiona and I don't hate women, I hate what Scourge "caused" her to become. If you really think about it, no one can relate to a "bad girl" at all. I don't get why people like her as a villain when she's nothing more than a over-dramatic teenager who think's she all that when she really isn't.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 07:49:32 AM by GreenBlade64 »

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 08:47:44 AM »
I mean, how the heck did those two even meet?
When Evil Sonic Scourge had infiltrated Knothole Village, he had hit on several of the girls there, including Fiona, before being ousted. Fiona, having realised that she'd fallen for a fake, tried to find the same attraction in the real Sonic and thus began to date him. Unfortunately, she found him too "vanilla" for her tastes; she preferred Scourge's dark side and began to sneak off with him. (StH: #150, #172)
http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Fiona_Fox#Betrayal

If you really think about it, no one can relate to a "bad girl" at all.
I can, at least enough to base my Freedom Planet OC Hanna Skarlett on her.
Of course, I've added more to Hanna than Fiona ever got, but that's because I'm not limited by deadlines or mandates or anything like that.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:50:21 AM by RaceProUK »

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 09:14:54 AM »
http://archiesonic.wikia.com/wiki/Fiona_Fox#Betrayal
I can, at least enough to base my Freedom Planet OC Hanna Skarlett on her.
Of course, I've added more to Hanna than Fiona ever got, but that's because I'm not limited by deadlines or mandates or anything like that.

Well, that wasn't what I expected at all. I guess there's really no reason for me to hate her after all. Thanks RaceProUK, you've earned my respect. I was such a total idiot, let Fiona stay the way she is now. I can still kinda appreciate "bad girls", provided they're not oversexualized of course.

Also, what the heck is Freedom Planet? Is that supposed to be some sort of new SEGA game I don't know about? It seems somewhat familiar. Maybe I'll make a thread about this game later.

I already talked about my favorite episode being "Blue with Envy" with Swifty the Shrew if anyone was curious.

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 09:28:53 AM »
Also, what the heck is Freedom Planet? Is that supposed to be some sort of new SEGA game I don't know about?
Nope; it's an indie game from 2014 (also on GOG and Humble Store). And don't worry about creating the thread; I've already done so ;)

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 09:33:08 AM »
Gosh dang it! You're always one step ahead of me! I made a video game thread for no reason.

Offline The Shadow Imperator

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 12:23:33 PM »
@GreenBlade64

Apology accepted, but you really need to consider your words more carefully from now on.

Gosh dang it! You're always one step ahead of me! I made a video game thread for no reason.

I deleted that topic for you. You know you can delete your posts, right?

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 01:18:18 PM »
@GreenBlade64

Apology accepted, but you really need to consider your words more carefully from now on.

I deleted that topic for you. You know you can delete your posts, right?

Don't worry, sir. I've learned my mistake.

How am I supposed to delete a "topic" though?