23/09/18 - 18:53 PM

Author Topic: Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice Discussion Thread  (Read 9711 times)

Offline Ian PK

Re: Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2016, 09:27:34 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this game and I really hope it's good, but @GreenBlade64, @Village was trying to make the point that if games as terrible as MN9 or Duke Nukem Forever, which were delayed many times, still turned out bad, the amount of delays Fire and Ice has had isn't an indicator that it will be good. However, from what I've seen, the game does indeed look good.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2016, 09:42:27 PM »
The game doesn't look like anything special, but it doesn't necessarily look bad, either.
"Ya know Amy, anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo." -God

Offline FritzyBeat

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2016, 12:03:06 AM »
You know, as much as Rise of Lyric was a bad game, and as much as it kinda deserved the hate, and as much as fans have a right to be a little disappointed that Sonic Boom is continuing despite that, and AS MUCH as I am not at all a fan of the Sonic Boom TV show...... I'm also not a fan of how Rise of Lyric catapulted Sonic to "meme" status as "The game series that has always been bad", or how that's made nearly everyone I know start to joke about how bad Sonic is altogether, or how no one could enjoy it unironically.

So you know what? Props to SEGA for sticking to their guns with this one and following through with another Sonic Boom game despite the backlash. I don't think it'll be a good enough game to wipe Rise of Lyric off of everyone's minds, but who knows, maybe it'll help turn the Boom series around in the future.

Looking forward to seeing how it does~

Offline DoNotDelete

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2016, 04:29:57 AM »
I'm generally not impressed with people defaulting to portraying reptile characters as evil - I'm not sure if it's entirely true but I heard from somebody that it was the creative team behind Sonic Boom's intentions to portray all reptile characters as evil.

If it is true that's hella dumb. I'm not likely to warm up to this franchise unless Vector or Espio show up and prove that supposition false.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2016, 05:16:54 AM »
I'm also not a fan of how Rise of Lyric catapulted Sonic to "meme" status as "The game series that has always been bad", or how that's made nearly everyone I know start to joke about how bad Sonic is altogether, or how no one could enjoy it unironically.
It's been going way longer than Boom.

Offline FritzyBeat

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
It's been going way longer than Boom.
Oh believe me, I know =P But for me anyway, I've noticed it become far more mainstream online to make fun of not only the next gen sonic games, but like, ALL sonic games as of late *shot* I get the feeling the huge failure of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric is to blame due to how widely it was covered by the internet. When Sonic 06 failed, the internet was a lot younger, and I don't think had as much of an impact as it could have on the general audience due to that. Boom on the other hand failed at a point in time when if something bombs, EVERYBODY is gonna hear about it online. =P

I dunno, I guess I kinda just wanna sit over here and geek out about SA and SA2 without everyone telling me I'm wrong for doing so ;w; *shot* Though don't get me wrong, I KNOW not everybody is going to or should like every game I happen to like, to think that they should would be silly XD But still, it'd be nice to hear some positivity about the games I grew up loving a little more often, esspecially at a time when Sonic in general is just being roasted by like... everyone :P

(also, that link you posted basically described my relationship with Sonic Games right up to about Lost World XD After that I just sorta stopped getting hyped ;P)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 10:19:45 PM by FritzyBeat »

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 09:37:03 AM »
Two new trailers!

Amy's gameplay style is looking pretty good so far. :)
"C'mon, step it up!" -Sonic, SSBB

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2016, 03:59:20 PM »
I don't believe that's a Sonic Boom game: there's no continuous stream of inane babble :D

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2016, 05:52:18 PM »
Reminds me of Amy's playstyle from Sonic Advance 1!

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2016, 11:40:25 PM »
More gameplay and bot racing!

The environments in this game are a lot more detailed and vibrant than what was shown in Shattered Crystal. The bot racing looks pretty cool too. :)

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »
Well, here's another gameplay video (I'm so obsessed with this game, but at least I care)! :)

I salute you, Sanzaru Games. The hype is increasing even further. 8)

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2016, 04:22:43 PM »
While this game is looking better than Shattered Dreams Crystal, all my hype is reserved for Sonic Mania.

Offline Kelli

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »
Well, here's another gameplay video (I'm so obsessed with this game, but at least I care)! :)

I salute you, Sanzaru Games. The hype is increasing even further. 8)

eh it looks like fun but im gonna be on a tight budget that month anddd I rather spend my extra game-money on Pokemon Moon, probs will play this when I find it at the bargain bin next year.
Checkoutmyart at DA: http://kell0x.deviantart.com/

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2016, 10:52:18 AM »
Or, more accurately, everything we already knew about Fire & Ice.