21/06/18 - 09:15 AM

Author Topic: Your Predictions For Boom Season 2  (Read 8839 times)

Your Predictions For Boom Season 2
« on: February 21, 2016, 09:32:42 PM »
Now that season 2 of Sonic Boom has been confirmed for fall 2016, what are your predictions for the show? What official game canon characters do you think will appear next (if at all)? Do you think any characters will reappear (like Zooey)? What kind of episodes will the writers explore (i.e. bottle episodes, horror/Halloween themed eps) etc?

Here are my predictions:
- Only one character from the main game canon (not Boom) will appear in his or hers slightly alternate redesign in the finally. (Kind of like Shadow).
- More heavily implied SonAmy shipping.
- Different locale. We'll still get the same village and set pieces as in the first season but we might get one or two entirely new locations the characters will visit frequently.
- Better animation????? Well, I'm hoping it's in the budget to make the characters seem less wooden when they move. (Especially during action scenes).

That's what I have for now. I would love to hear yours!

Re: Your Predictions For Boom Season 2
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:33:32 AM »
I'm hoping they'll implement some elements from the RoL tie-in game. Stuff like locations, characters, and even a bit of history to expand the world it takes place in. It would provide the writers with more material to work with.

It would be both interesting and hilarious seeing Lyric, a serious villain, trying to coup with a modern society that doesn't take supervillains seriously anymore. Probably a humorous metaphor for how divided the fanbase is.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:36:25 AM by LogiTeeka »

Offline Fandom cop

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 04:23:36 AM »
i still want to see an episode that makes fun of ships or points them out. I don't know why but episodes like that are hilarious to me and sort of make fun of troups in the fandom in a good way

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 05:57:51 AM »
i still want to see an episode that makes fun of ships or points them out. I don't know why but episodes like that are hilarious to me and sort of make fun of troups in the fandom in a good way
Hmm... Given how much it's been hinted at already, what about an episode where Sonic and Amy finally go out on an actual date? Which of course will go wrong in a variety of humorous ways :)

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 07:09:34 AM »
I want a follow-up to Tail's crush, more Shadow-Eggman interaction (seriously, that was hilarious watching Shadow as an overly serious villain trying to ignore Eggman), And either better animated action or just less action to begin with.
"Ya know Amy, anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo." -God

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 12:00:47 PM »
that was hilarious watching Shadow as an overly serious villain trying to ignore Eggman
I found Eggman's constant fawning to be annoying and pathetic, personally; all it did was reinforce the fact that Shadow's inclusion was 100% fanservice, done purely to trick older fans into watching something they have no interest in.

Disclaimer: The other 51 episodes I liked, and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Singapore Sling

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 12:14:35 PM »
I feel like you may've missed the joke.

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »
Sarcasm is almost impossible to read in text

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 02:37:40 PM »
I predict it will continue to be a series about a bunch of lazy people who hate their lives and constantly complain and be mean-spirited toward one another, spiced with sad attempts to be "Random" with the few legitimate laughs sparser than water in a desert.

Singapore Sling

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 02:55:08 PM »
Sarcasm is almost impossible to read in text

Eggman and Shadow spoke their lines.

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 03:01:13 PM »
You wanna know what I want?  A better intro.  Because Boom needs it.  Badly.

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 04:28:08 PM »
The French dub got a longer intro, but I'm not a fan of the music:

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »
The French intro is automatically better just for that evil mustache stroking. But that music... ce n'est pas chouette!
"Ya know Amy, anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo." -God

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 04:57:42 PM »
Team Chaotix!
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 05:55:16 PM »
I predict it will continue to be a series about a bunch of lazy people who hate their lives and constantly complain and be mean-spirited toward one another, spiced with sad attempts to be "Random" with the few legitimate laughs sparser than water in a desert.

Are you referring to the show or just the fanbase in general?