21/06/18 - 09:17 AM

Author Topic: Your Predictions For Boom Season 2  (Read 8840 times)

Re: Your Predictions For Boom Season 2
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 06:07:17 PM »
The French dub got a longer intro, but I'm not a fan of the music:

I actually love the music. The only Sonic theme song to be legitimately good.
I hate hate HATE Sonic Boom, but I do have a few predictions.
Judging by how Friendly Eggman has been, i'm sure this episode will probably happen.
Sick As A Hog: Sonic comes down with a case of the "Hedgehog flu" and Dr. Eggman lets him in his lair to nurse him back to health.
I mean, come on! It seems so obvious! I'm actually surprised they didn't do it in season 1, as it fits the show perfectly.
Also, judging by how the creators seem satisfied with the show's current direction, I'm willing that overall, it will stay the same.
As in, more bad jokes, with finding good ones being harder than finding a needle in a 1 square mile haystack, (I've only laughed once in the first 17 episodes) more annoying characters, more Friendly Eggman, more trendy pop culture references, more bad action, no more locations, no more characters.

Singapore Sling

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 06:39:58 PM »
If it took you 17 episodes to laugh and you still insisted on watching, it stops being the creators' fault that you don't like what they do.

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 07:09:10 PM »
I've only laughed once in the first 17 episodes
A: "Knives should be illegal!"
B: "Why?"
A: "Because it hurts when I shove one into my leg!"
B: "...then don't shove one into your leg?"
A: "Knives should be illegal!"
B: "...yeah, I'm gonna go talk to someone else now..."

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 08:58:01 PM »
Honestly, I'm all for the Boom version of Eggman. Sure, he's nothing like the previous incarnations, but then again, none of them were alike to begin with.  ::)

Each one was a totally different interpretation of the character. If we can have an über-serious version of the character that has suicidal intentions, or a version that behaves like an immature child, I don't see what's wrong with having a more down-to-earth interpretation.

It's a trend I'm beginning to see in more cartoons as of lately. Characters like the Ice King, Ludo, and Dr. Doofenshmirtz might be considered "bad guys", but their pathetic, more-human sides to their personalities make them memorable characters. It's their flaws and insecurities that make them do bad things; they never intended to be evil, they're just misunderstood, misguided, or even hurt. Had they been strait-up evil villains, they wouldn't be nearly as entertaining. And from what I've seen, Eggman's role in "Boom" seems to be following that example. I don't know if it'll lead anywhere, but it's a unique direction for the doctor.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:10:11 PM by LogiTeeka »

Offline Kelli

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 05:06:13 PM »
Sonic Boom is alright with me but it isn't good enough to hold my intrest for long or to keep me motivated to watch a new episode unlike other kids shows like Marvelous Ladybug, Glitter Force or Steven Universe.

They really need to change the opening. It's sort of bland and a little but too cool for Sonic Boom with it's humor, down to earth characters and light hearted adventures it needs more of a happy-go-lucky beat song. Not an opening that implies its gonna be filled with action packed drama adventure.

As for season 2...I don't suspect anything to drastic...unless the creators confirm they are going to do away with the ''reboot each episode'' then I think we might see some changes.

Checkoutmyart at DA: http://kell0x.deviantart.com/

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 02:16:25 PM »

It's a trend I'm beginning to see in more cartoons as of lately. Characters like the Ice King, Ludo, and Dr. Doofenshmirtz might be considered "bad guys", but their pathetic, more-human sides to their personalities make them memorable characters. It's their flaws and insecurities that make them do bad things; they never intended to be evil, they're just misunderstood, misguided, or even hurt. Had they been strait-up evil villains, they wouldn't be nearly as entertaining. And from what I've seen, Eggman's role in "Boom" seems to be following that example. I don't know if it'll lead anywhere, but it's a unique direction for the doctor.

I disagree.

When I have a villain, I want him to be an actual villain. I'm fine with a villain being bumbling, comedic, and immature. However, I am NOT fine with a villain being a non-threatening, annoying neighbor who teams up with the heroes frequently.
AoStH Robotnik is my favorite for this reason. He's bumbling, comedic, and immature, but never teams up with the heroes, and they never team up with him. Plus, he was actually threatening as well.

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 02:21:49 PM »
When I have a villain, I want him to be an actual villain. I'm fine with a villain being bumbling, comedic, and immature. However, I am NOT fine with a villain being a non-threatening, annoying neighbor who teams up with the heroes frequently.
I like my villains to be evil and good at what they do. I'd much rather see a goofy hero than villain. At the same time, though, I feel like Boom Eggman is less of a villain and more of a rival.
"Ya know Amy, anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo." -God

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 02:46:44 PM »
It's like this:

SEGA Eggman: Wannabe villain, could be threatening if the script allowed, has all the potential, but just really isn't. Often takes the backseat to other villains.

Archie Eggman: Is a villain, a rather threatening one at that. Awful human being. Makes the old Satam villain look cuddly.

Boom Eggman: Dick neighbor.

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 02:50:40 PM »
I disagree.

AoStH Robotnik is my favorite for this reason. He's bumbling, comedic, and immature, but never teams up with the heroes, and they never team up with him. Plus, he was actually threatening as well.

About as threatening as an angry chihuahua, but that's not saying much.

Last time I checked, Eggman has only teamed up with Sonic during dire situations. He may be the series' main antagonist, but the plans which he concocts often end up becoming the bigger threats (whether it be Chaos, the Biolizard, Metal Sonic, Solaris, or anything else). And when his life is at stake, he'll go through any means necessary to stop it from endangering himself and the world he desires to conquer. And Sonic is often the answer to that problem. He's not a pushover; he's simply being rational.

Since "Boom" doesn't have that many worldwide threats, Eggman has to rely more on practical inventions and plans to succeed. Even then, his goals aren't that big. He's more interested in becoming the next town mayor, much less conquering the world. And since he's not that big a deal, his rivalry with Sonic is more of an annoyance rather than a hindrance.

I like my villains to be evil and good at what they do. I'd much rather see a goofy hero than villain. At the same time, though, I feel like Boom Eggman is less of a villain and more of a rival.

I believe that was the idea, since Lyric was intended to be the series' main villain.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:00:21 PM by LogiTeeka »

Offline Kelli

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 03:05:30 PM »
 I am okay with Eggman either way, but there is something about Boom Eggman that sort of bothers me. It feels very forced and repetitive whenever he is trying to be funny.

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 03:08:31 PM »
I am okay with Eggman either way, but there is something about Boom Eggman that sort of bothers me. It feels very forced and repetitive whenever he is trying to be funny.

You mean like when he makes jokes, or when the show tries painting him as silly?

Offline Kelli

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2016, 03:11:44 PM »
You mean like when he makes jokes, or when the show tries painting him as silly?

No that I can tolerate. It's how his character is shown overall. Most of the times its the episodes where Sonic and Eggman have to postpone their fight to work together because of X and X reasons most his scenes never really make me laugh.

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 05:26:59 PM »
All of this suspense is making me wonder how Lyric and D-Fekt would be portrayed in the show (even though we barely know anything about the latter). I would like to see these 2 villains team up against Sonic and Shadow (if he ever redeems himself, seriously stop being such a stereotype). So this might be a crazy question, but, would you want to see one more SEGA character suitable for this cartoon? I would choose Silver because his naivety is just too perfect to not go unnoticed.  :D
"C'mon, step it up!" -Sonic, SSBB

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2016, 09:44:20 AM »
About as threatening as an angry chihuahua, but that's not saying much.

Last time I checked, Eggman has only teamed up with Sonic during dire situations. He may be the series' main antagonist, but the plans which he concocts often end up becoming the bigger threats (whether it be Chaos, the Biolizard, Metal Sonic, Solaris, or anything else). And when his life is at stake, he'll go through any means necessary to stop it from endangering himself and the world he desires to conquer. And Sonic is often the answer to that problem. He's not a pushover; he's simply being rational.

Actually, AoStH Robotnik was quite threatening. He was pretty evenly matched with the heroes more often than not, and even won in the Chaos Emerald Saga.
And as for Eggman and Sonic teaming up with bigger threats, that's why Eggman's character in Boom makes no sense! Since there is no worldwide threats, as you say, it doesn't make sense for Eggman to team up with him so much.

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 10:23:09 AM »
And as for Eggman and Sonic teaming up with bigger threats, that's why Eggman's character in Boom makes no sense! Since there is no worldwide threats, as you say, it doesn't make sense for Eggman to team up with him so much.
Only five occasions come to mind (in 52 episodes); twice Eggman did the double-cross, once was about survival, once was to break the time loop, and once was to prevent reality tearing itself apart.