23/09/18 - 19:24 PM

Author Topic: Your Predictions For Boom Season 2  (Read 9231 times)

Re: Your Predictions For Boom Season 2
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2016, 03:29:10 PM »
Actually, there were many more times where Sonic helped Eggman, or vise versa.
- Sonic letting Eggman in his house (Can An Evil Genius...)
- Amy becomes Eggman's interior decerator (Fortress of Squalitude)
- Sonic repairs Cubot (Double Doomsday)
- Cubot informs Sonic about the evil cookies (Eggheads)
- Sonic helps find Eggman (Dude, Where's My Eggman?)
- Sonic helps Eggman get his mojo back (Aim Low)
- Eggman turns to Tails to fix his computer virus (Let's Play Musical Friends)
- Sonic and Eggman fight the Lightning Bolt Society (Eggman Unplugged)
- Eggman helps Amy's restaurant (Chez Amy)
- Sonic lets Eggman win a fight (New Years Retribution)
- Sonic frees Eggman (Next Top Villain)
- Amy and Eggman bond over a game (Fuzzy Puppy Buddies)
So that's much more times than just 5.
Besides, even if Eggman wasn't friendly, the show would still suck due to the bad jokes, annoying characters, poor animation, rushed pacing, and weak action.

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2016, 05:07:59 PM »
Part of a plan to tire Sonic out and defeat him. Hardly friendly.

Then he took all the credit and imprisoned her. Oh, and Sonic wasn't involved, so it doesn't count.

Tails actually, and since it's Cubot and not Eggman, it doesn't count.

Only because Eggman's plan to use Sonic's brainwashed friends to defeat him backfired spectacularly. Also, it was Cubot, so it doesn't count. Except it wouldn't have been Cubot, it would have been Orbot, and IIRC, Sonic worked out it was the cookies without assistance.

Sonic provided almost no help at all; in fact, none of the heroes actually helped much.

Actually, that was Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks, and they only did that because Sonic was driving them crazy.

Only because the virus was using Eggman's bots to attack the Village.

This is the only example of yours that actually works, and even then, only because of circumstance.

Only to get revenge on Dave the Intern; he later destroyed Chez Amy. And again, no Sonic, so doesn't count.

It was a dance-off, and therefore doesn't count.

Only in order to stop Dave the Intern.

And where's Sonic in this one? Oh yeah, elsewhere, doing something entirely unrelated.

You really need to come up with better examples.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:11:19 PM by RaceProUK »

Offline TwinTailTale

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »
A Sonic and Amy mock date episode.

.....I mean come on. They've been hinting at Sonic and Amy actually liking each other every so often throughout the episodes (Which I like. As Amy's actually hiding it rather than being the obsessive fan girl she is in Archie and the game) I figure they'll have to get that elephant in the room pointed out sooner or later.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:14:42 PM by TwinTailTale »
I'm a team player that's going to do what he wants. I'm have a lot of ideas, that I'm not going to give all away.  I won't use Sonic, Robotnik, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, or any major Sonic character. But I can make the best Sonic writing you can't begin to imagine.  And that's part of why I'm here.

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 02:43:08 PM »
Part of a plan to tire Sonic out and defeat him. Hardly friendly.
Yes, but Sonic was being friendly with him, by letting him into his house.
Then he took all the credit and imprisoned her. Oh, and Sonic wasn't involved, so it doesn't count.
Yes, but again, it's one of Sonic's friends, who is on the same side as him, being friendly.
Tails actually, and since it's Cubot and not Eggman, it doesn't count.
Tails is on the same side as Sonic, Cubot the same side as Eggman.
Only because Eggman's plan to use Sonic's brainwashed friends to defeat him backfired spectacularly. Also, it was Cubot, so it doesn't count. Except it wouldn't have been Cubot, it would have been Orbot, and IIRC, Sonic worked out it was the cookies without assistance.
Orbot still counts.
Sonic provided almost no help at all; in fact, none of the heroes actually helped much.
I guess your right.
Actually, that was Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks, and they only did that because Sonic was driving them crazy.

Only because the virus was using Eggman's bots to attack the Village.

This is the only example of yours that actually works, and even then, only because of circumstance.

Only to get revenge on Dave the Intern; he later destroyed Chez Amy. And again, no Sonic, so doesn't count.

It was a dance-off, and therefore doesn't count.

Only in order to stop Dave the Intern.
And where's Sonic in this one? Oh yeah, elsewhere, doing something entirely unrelated.
But it's still Amy being friendly with Eggman.
You really need to come up with better examples.
Besides, all of this could have been avoided. Eggman never NEEDED Sonic and friends to help him. All of those times, he could have done it alone.
Here's how I would rewrite these episodes.
Can An Evil Genius...: Eggman's lair gets destroyed, and he has to repair it. Hilarity ensues. Episode is retitled "Eggman's Lair Affair".
Fortress of Squalitude: Eggman hires some other guy to fix his lair, but makes him his slave.
Double Doomsday: Same, but Tails doesn't repair Cubot.
Eggheads: Remove Orbot helping.
Cow Bot: Eggman makes a Cow Bot, but when it turns on him, he has to fend for himself. Hilarity ensues.
Aim Low: Eggman sees Sonic acting crazy, which makes him realize how much he hates Sonic, bringing his mojo back.
Hedgehog Day: Same, but Eggman doesn't turn to Sonic for help.
Curse of the Buddy Buddy Temple: Retitled "Indiana Eggman and the Temple of Doom" or something. Eggman and Sonic get trapped in a temple, and both try to sabotage their respective escapes.
Let's Play Musical Friends: Same, but doesn't turn towards Tails to help.
Eggman Unplugged: Sonic doesn't help.
Chez Amy: Eggman teams up with Dave to stop Amy.
New Years Retribution: Sonic doesn't let Eggman win.
Next Top Villain: Sonic doesn't free Eggman, so he is forced to team with the Lightning Bolt Society.
Two Good To be True: Eggman doesn't free Knuckles without a fight!
Fuzzy Puppy Buddies: Whole thing is just a horrible, horrible, fever dream of Amy.
Oh yeah, and there's one more I didn't mention.
Tails' Crush: Eggman helps Tails win the heart of Zooey.

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2016, 03:18:39 PM »
So basically, you expect Sonic and the gang to act like total d*cks to Eggman just because they don't like him? That doesn't seem right.

Sure, Eggman's not a pleasant individual to be around, but having the "heroes" reject his pleas for help isn't going to paint them in a positive light either.

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 04:18:20 PM »
Here's how I would rewrite these episodes.
Right, so basically, you want to write out what makes the episodes work in the first place.

Oh, and this?
Eggheads: Remove Orbot helping.
You do know that's exactly what happens in the episode, right? Of course you do, because you checked your facts.
You did check your facts, didn't you?

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 11:48:07 AM »
So basically, you expect Sonic and the gang to act like total d*cks to Eggman just because they don't like him? That doesn't seem right.

Sure, Eggman's not a pleasant individual to be around, but having the "heroes" reject his pleas for help isn't going to paint them in a positive light either.
In AoStH, Robotnik was trapped under ice, said he'd be good from now on. Sonic kept him trapped under ice.
In SatAM, Robotnik was presumed dead, Sonic celebrated.
And they're not rejecting his pleas for help, as he's not asking them for it in the first place.

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2016, 11:49:54 AM »
Right, so basically, you want to write out what makes the episodes work in the first place.

Actually, i'm writing out what caused them to be worse. I don't see how lack of Friendly Eggman would make them any worse.
Also, I did check the facts, because I watch the show and know what happens.

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »
In AoStH, Robotnik was trapped under ice, said he'd be good from now on. Sonic kept him trapped under ice.
In SatAM, Robotnik was presumed dead, Sonic celebrated.
And they're not rejecting his pleas for help, as he's not asking them for it in the first place.

There's clearly a difference when it comes to those Robotniks. They committed horrible crimes, are prone to committing murder and mass genocide, and caused much devistation to their planets. Their actions speak for themselves.

The "Boom" Eggman, however, is hardly in the competition. He's just an overgrown bully that wants attention, thus he's considered more of a local annoyance rather than a major threat. The most damage he's done is merely property damage; which is small-potatoes compared to the frequent meteor showers that plague the island.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:32:52 PM by LogiTeeka »

Offline RaceProUK

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »
Also, I did check the facts, because I watch the show and know what happens.
And yet you got a major plot point in Eggheads wrong, not once, but twice.

Actually, i'm writing out what caused them to be worse. I don't see how lack of Friendly Eggman would make them any worse.
You don't see how removing a fundamental part of the plot would make things worse?

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »
I would be the happiest dude in the world if the next Sonic game had Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, Boom!Sonic, and Silver against Modern Eggman, Classic Eggman, Boom!Eggman, and Eggman Nega! It would literally be Sonic Generations 2, but with 4 Sonics and 4 Eggmen.
"C'mon, step it up!" -Sonic, SSBB

Singapore Sling

« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2016, 01:13:20 PM »
Blaze is more of a Sonic than Silver is, though.

« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2016, 01:54:53 PM »
There's clearly a difference when it comes to those Robotniks. They committed horrible crimes, are prone to committing murder and mass genocide, and caused much devistation to their planets. Their actions speak for themselves.
What's funny about him not being as other Eggmans is that, he's arguably one of the most dangerous. He wants to be evil for the sake of it. The guy had a nearly unstoppable doomsday device just sitting around. He started it with no concern for his own life because of competition.

Boom Eggman mostly just enhances his manchild personality.

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2016, 02:27:07 PM »
Blaze is more of a Sonic than Silver is, though.

Silver is essentially the "future" Sonic. He could easily keep up with Sonic on foot in the Sonic Rivals games and the 3ds version of Sonic Generations, to which both are considered canon. During the Sonic Boom 2012 Event, Takashi Iizuka confirmed that Eggman Nega is the arch-nemesis of Silver the Hedgehog, not Blaze. Blaze's arch-nemesis is Captain Whisker. She doesn't look anything like Sonic at all, aside from speed and abilities, but she's not even a hedgehog like Silver is. Plus, Silver can use the Chaos Emeralds to transform just like Sonic can, according to the Sonic Bible (only "male hedgehogs" can go super).

"C'mon, step it up!" -Sonic, SSBB

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »
You don't see how removing a fundamental part of the plot would make things worse?
I'm not removing, just revising.