20/09/17 - 04:14 AM

Author Topic: The Kingdom Hearts (is LIGHT!) Thread  (Read 2165 times)

Offline SBR

Re: The Kingdom Hearts (is LIGHT!) Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 09:21:27 AM »
My Reaction.

DDD HD: Eh, that's cool and all. I mean I'm glad all the games are on Playstation now but I mean I've already played this game.

Fragmentary Passage: YES AQUA IN THE LAND OF DARKNESS! HOLY **** ALL THOSE SHADOW HEARTLESS FROMED TOGETHER! SQUEEEEE!

Kingdom Hearts X: Ooh, this looks pretty cool. A Full Length CGI Kingdom Hearts Movie? Yes please.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Announcement coming this Winter? SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Over all I think I need to buy a PS4.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

Offline TJ

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 02:08:47 PM »
I picked up the HD remixes (both 1 and 2) because I got a discount from work, but I've yet to play them. Partly because I'm really busy all the time and also because I don't know which order to play them in lol. Kingdom Hearts has such a confusing and convoluted timeline.

Offline Tsurugi

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »
Well, here's the timeline of Kingdom Hearts in terms of chronology so far:

- Birth by Sleep
-Kingdom Hearts
-Chain of Memories
-Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-Kingdom Hearts re:Coded
-Dream Drop Distance

I'd recommend playing KH 1 first though, since it's the game that started it all.
This world is made of LOVE & PEACE :D !!- Vash The Stampede

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. - Walt Disney

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 06:28:23 AM »
Well, here's the timeline of Kingdom Hearts in terms of chronology so far:

- Birth by Sleep
-Kingdom Hearts
-Chain of Memories
-Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-Kingdom Hearts re:Coded
-Dream Drop Distance

I'd recommend playing KH 1 first though, since it's the game that started it all.
Oh, crap. what are you doing!?

Do not play Kingdom Hearts in Chronological Order. That's going to screw you up. Play them in release order. That's how they were presented. If you play them in chronological order, you might as well skip 358 and  recoded.

Offline Tsurugi

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 09:57:53 AM »
Well, I did say not to play Birth by Sleep first.

Though if you want to go by release order, here it's KH1, CoM, KH2, 358/2, BbS, coded, and KH3D.

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. - Walt Disney

Offline Tsurugi

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »
Been a while since this was updated, but since then we've had new trailers for 2.8, which also has been delayed to January, and recently we have been given a look at the opening to 0.2 Birth by Sleep -a fragmentary passage-

And of course, since Square-Enix wants to have all the games on one console, we have one last port for the remixes to PS4. Why they didn't do this sooner is beyond me -_-"

Interestingly though, the trailer has a line we never heard from Kairi in the first game. I'm guessing it was an alternate take they did all those years ago.

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2016, 12:15:12 AM »
Playing BBS for the first time.  Controls are a bit stiff compared to KH2 but the combat mechanics are solid.  I can see why everyone loves it.  Also, Aqua is the best.

Offline Tsurugi

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 05:04:50 AM »
I know it's been a while, but we have a new trailer:

And it looks GLORIOUS  :))

Also, we'll have a new trailer next month. :))

Offline Tsurugi

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2017, 04:53:13 AM »
We have a release window for KH3 and OMIGOD TOY STORY IS IN KINGDOM HEARTS 3!!

I'm actually surprised how much the world looks like the movie. And from the looks of it, it seems like they doing an original story for it rather than follow the movie plot.

Also, they made an excerpt of the beginning for those who wanted to see the gameplay more clearly without the overlayed text:

Penny for your thoughts, anyone?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:00:08 AM by Tsurugi »

Offline MonstersBride

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 10:04:49 AM »
@Tsurugi I KNOW!!! I cried manly tears of joy (Literally) I have been wanting this since Kingdom Hearts 2 and after watching Toy Story 3 only made me want it even more! Really I'm SO excited!!! Toy Story 3 is my number one favorite Disney Movie! All the characters look just like they do in the movies!
TheMonstersBride

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 11:56:52 PM »
I can't help but feel for people who will have waited thirteen years for the release of Kingdom Hearts 3 next year. I only got into the franchise in earnest this year, so my wait for the newest numbered installment will have been nothing in comparison. I'm glad to have a PS4 and access to the franchise's collective offerings on two discs. As of now, I'm enjoying the titles in order for the time being. That'll change once I beat Kingdom Hearts 2 and promptly move onto Birth by Sleep, but that's been my approach as of late.

I was able to 100% the first title, and I recently finished Re:Chain of Memories. Ultimately, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the card-based combat system. In fact, I could easy say that I've been surprised by how much I've enjoyed everything up to this point. Yeah, there are flaws and concerns I have with the overall presentation, but I've truly loved where I've been taken thus far, and I'm eager to see just where my journey with Kingdom Hearts will take me next. ^_^

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 07:18:07 AM »
I wonder if Tom Hanks and Tim Allen may or may not voice Woody and Buzz.

Offline Tsurugi

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »
I wonder if Tom Hanks and Tim Allen may or may not voice Woody and Buzz.
It's possible, but they could go for sound alikes. I think Hanks' brother played Woody in some of the games.

Offline G St Jerk

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 12:25:08 PM »
I have been a fan of Kingdom hearts since the very beginning so I eagerly await the next game. So far four worlds have been confirmed but the fifth is not as far as I know.
[ You must login or register to view this spoiler! ]