23/09/18 - 18:54 PM

Author Topic: Any dead characters you want to see in the fan comic?  (Read 6540 times)

Offline The Shadow Imperator

Re: Any dead characters you want to see in the fan comic?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 10:08:56 PM »
Hershey is a shoe-in, given what we already know from Ian's statements and LHT Chapter 1.

Offline SegaSonicX99

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »
I would love to see the original Dr. Robotnik return (again). I would love to see his more serious personality clash with the current Eggman.
Fandoms Assemble!

Offline GentlemanX

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 07:59:56 PM »
Julian was actually a lot less serious than Eggman. There's certainly room there to bring him back, but it would need to be for a very good reason. His appearance in 108 was abysmal.

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »
Robotnik Prime did get serious up a bit by the end of his life. Nowhere near the extent of Dark, but more notably than the early slapstick days.

If he were ever to be brought back, It would really have to go somewhere and serve a purpose. I always wanted to see a war between the two Robotniks, myself. Could be what gives the Freedom Fighters a huge advantage because the victor would be incredibly weakened by that point.

Offline Glitcher

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 09:40:12 PM »
What about Gala-Na and Gae-Na? It might be presumed that they perished in the Egg Grapes, but it was never confirmed. If they were reintroduced in the comic, you could explore the possibility that they might be related even if they're on opposing sides.
Check out my guide for 10 Misconceptions About Criticism

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 11:09:31 PM »
Gala-Na was clearly caught by Eggman's forces, even though she wasn't explicitly seen in the Egg Grapes.

Gae-Na could very well still be around. I had her as Lien-Da's Kommissar in a fanfic, and I regret not including her in the original Endangered Species remake project.

Offline Glitcher

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2016, 04:34:06 AM »
Gae-Na could very well still be around. I had her as Lien-Da's Kommissar in a fanfic, and I regret not including her in the original Endangered Species remake project.

No use crying over spilt milk, since that comic was never completed. If you're redoing Endangered Species for ASO, now's your chance to include Gae-Na.
Check out my guide for 10 Misconceptions About Criticism

Offline Miru

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2016, 11:53:17 PM »
I can't wait for Mephiles to get his actual role in Shadow Fall, and hopefully beyond that. I second Gae-Na and the lovely Gala-Na. Do dead chars from other canons count?

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 12:27:08 AM »
I can't wait for Mephiles to get his actual role in Shadow Fall, and hopefully beyond that.

Uh, what? We have no intention of remaking that story, or anything else from the Post-SGW timeline.

Offline Miru

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2016, 01:32:02 PM »
Uh, what? We have no intention of remaking that story, or anything else from the Post-SGW timeline.

From what I've heard, it WAS planned pre-SGW.

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 08:50:58 AM »
Hershey. Maybe when the LHT is fully released, we'll know if she was truly killed off or not. But yeah, I think Hershey should come back to at least get second chance for actual character development.
There's still room for her to be alive within the actual pages of teh comic. The only person to "confirm" her death was Geoffrey

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 07:57:17 PM »
I want to see Locke return:

1. His ressurection could get Penders to back off a bit, since it was his death that partially motivated Penders to file the lawsuit.
2. He could sub for Knuckles, whenever he decides to go off on an adventure with Sonic and co., much like the games (instead of being stuck in one place and getting flak from the meta for not being too good at his one job, leading to Boom Knuckles).

I also want to see Mello return. He had no valid reason to die.

Offline Ian PK

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 08:11:34 PM »
Noooooooooo noo no. Locke's death is what singlehandedly redeemed his character, and bringing him back would be a massive disservice. Besides, Penders said that he's fine with fancomics as long as he's credited as the owners of his own characters.

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »
To add to what Ian said, I don't think you'd need Locke to sub for Knux, either. Wasn't the whole deal in the preboot that, when Knuckles was off the island, some of the Chaotix would guard the Master Emerald? That's what happened in his Universe arc, IIRC.
VERY COOL™

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 09:32:04 PM »
How about Crocbot being back? Then again, Bill will still be double agent against Eggman.