23/09/18 - 18:57 PM

Author Topic: Novelty Answers: The Return! (Character Q&A) (REOPENED--See updated rules!)  (Read 6387 times)

Offline The Shadow Imperator

If you're a BumbleKing veteran then chances are you're familiar with this thread and will know what this is all about. But if you aren't in the know then here's the rundown: during one of the old monthly Q&As Ian opened up questions addressed to Sonic comic characters, albeit with the stipulation that none of the answers would be considered "canon." The response was...well, take a look at the thread for yourself if you haven't already. Suffice to say it proved extremely popular and served as a fun exercise for fan and writer alike.

We've decided to try something similar. So how's this gonna work?

The Rules (Updated 1/11/2018)
1. Each member gets to ask no more than two questions. Any extra ones will be ignored.
2. All questions must be directed at the characters. If you have a general question about this comic project, then fear not—we have a general Q&A thread available here. If you can't think of anything, I suggest reading the BumbleKing thread or previous questions in this thread for inspiration.
3. Only questions directed at Pre-Super Genesis Wave and/or Sonic the Hedgehog Online characters will be answered. This isn't done out of malice, but rather to keep our focus on the old continuity that we've dedicated ourselves to reviving. Post-SGW, Sonic X, Underground, and Boom characters are examples of continuities that will not be accepted.
4. After a week or so the thread will be locked and I'll post the answers. If the thread is reopened these rules and the number of questions allowed per member may be adjusted.
5. Most of all: have fun and be creative! This is for your entertainment as well as ours, with the added bonus of getting us in the characters' heads in ways we might not have expected, which could very well open up new and exciting storytelling possibilities down the road.

1. Each member gets to ask four questions. No more. If you post more than that the extra ones will be ignored. The questions will be answered in-character by myself and GentlemanX.
2. All questions must be directed at the characters. If you have a general question about this comic project, then fear not—we'll have a general Q&A thread up and running before long. If you can't think of anything, I suggest reading the BumbleKing thread for inspiration.
3. Only questions directed to Pre-Super Genesis Wave characters will be accepted at the moment. This isn't done out of malice, but rather to keep our focus on the old continuity that we've dedicated ourselves to reviving. Post-SGW, Sonic X, Underground, and Boom characters are examples of continuities that will not be accepted. This policy may change depending on community feedback and the preferences of the person(s) answering.
4. After a period of time, say, a week, the thread will be locked and we'll post our answers. When we reopen the thread we might adjust these rules or the number of questions each member is permitted to post.
5. Most of all: have fun and be creative! This is for your entertainment as well as ours, with the added bonus of getting us in the characters' heads in ways we might not have expected, which could very well open up new and exciting storytelling possibilities down the road.

At some point we plan on giving other writers the opportunity to write the answers; consider these first few weeks to be practice rounds for everyone involved.

Now--ask away!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:41:01 PM by The Shadow Imperator »

Re: Novelty Answers: The Return! (Character Q&A)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 08:17:49 AM »
I'd heard of the fabled Q&A but never read it until just now. It's fantastic XD
- Bean: Would you rather never be able to eat another cupcake again, or never be able to summon a bomb again?
- Scourge: If you manage to conquer mobius, which dimension would be your next target?
- Nicole: If you had to pick a new physical form, what species would it be?

also dibs on answering Fini's questions in the future
"Ya know Amy, anytime someone calls attention to the breaking of gender roles, it ultimately undermines the concept of gender equality by implying that this is an exception and not the status quo." -God

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:06:27 AM »
-Sonic: Did you know that Mighty has a sister named Matilda?

-Shard: How do you feel about each of your teammates in the Secret Freedom Fighters?

-Snively: Do you ever plan on proposing to the Iron Queen anytime soon?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:51:17 PM by GreenBlade64 »
"C'mon, step it up!" -Sonic, SSBB

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 01:07:05 PM »
I love this thing so much.

First up, Scourge! Aside from Fiona, how do you feel about the other members of the Destructix, including former members Drago and Sleuth?

Next up, Julie-Su! You've been through a lot of missions with Knuckles and the Chaotix. vWhat was the most intense for you?

Lastly, a question for Rob O' The Hedge: Who do think's the bigger threat: the High Sheriff or Mordred Hood? Sure, the High Sheriff roboticized most of your people, but Hood tried to kill your son, Little Jon!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:03:46 AM by darkpit06 »
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

Offline SegaSonicX99

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »
Well, here goes..
1.)Bunnie-I know you think that you failed Antoine and the Freedom Fighters, but why would you join the Dark Egg Legion? You have literally joined the one group you have spent your life fighting.
2.)Jules-Have you ever considered asking Nicole for a nanite exoskeleton like Rotor? You could make it look like your old self and you could go out without feeling different.
3.)Dimitri-If you ever die, what do you want to be remembered for?
Fandoms Assemble!

Singapore Sling

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 07:02:11 PM »
Sonic, what's your favorite brand of vape pen?

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 05:08:43 AM »
I know this might not be my best question. For Walt Wallabee: Is there a certain limit to carrying others in your pouch?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:03:28 PM by legoland1085 »

Offline Ian PK

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 07:30:40 PM »
To Mecha Sally: What do you remember from your life as a Mobian?
To Scourge: Just between me and you... do you really love Fiona?
To Regina Ferrum (Post-Scrambled): Does Snively seem a little... off to you?

EDIT: OOps, that was four.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 08:50:03 PM »
Thread will be locked within 24 hours. If you haven't posted your questions yet and have any intention to, now is the time.

Singapore Sling

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 09:10:10 PM »
Princess Sally, why is the sky?

Antoine, what's your favorite anime that Rotor hates?

Offline NxtWaltDisney

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 11:19:42 AM »
To Harvey Who: What's your next plan of action?
To Elias: How do you feel now that your sister is a weapon of mass destruction?
To Rotor: Is being a leader hard for you?

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 05:10:22 PM »
No questions, just want to say I'm so happy this is coming back. I hope that there will be lots of questions to ask the characters in more sessions to come.
That guy who enjoys Sonic and Star Wars. Longs for a grand adventure, and a hearty crew.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 09:11:18 PM »
Aaaaand we're done. Answers will be up ASAP.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 07:26:20 PM »
And here are the answers! For the next round we'll allow 4 questions per person and see how it goes. Thanks to everyone who's participated so far!

Quote from: Specs64z
Bean: Would you rather never be able to eat another cupcake again, or never be able to summon a bomb again?

Smooth shiny bombs or succulent shiny icing... there must be a way to have both...

Aha! I need to learn to summon CUPCAKE BOMBS! Deliciousness and destructiveness in equal measure! I’m gonna go make one right now! Ol’ Jettison and his fellow feather buddies are getting such a lovely surprise tomorrow... HAHAHAHAHAhehehehehoohoohoooo *cough* *sputter* *choke*

Scourge: If you manage to conquer mobius, which dimension would be your next target?

I dunno! Multiverse is ripe with possibilities. Endless possibilities. Someone really oughta write a song about that.

But seriously tho', gotta pay back those Zone Cops for being a bunch of self-righteous jerkwads. Sure I spanked 'em good when I made my glorious escape, but I still need to pay back Zonic and the Warden personally. Hahaha, the many wonderful ways I can make them suffer like I did...

Nicole: If you had to pick a new physical form, what species would it be?

I don’t want to cop-out of your answering your question but I’m more than happy with the one I have now. Organic Mobians don’t get to pick and choose what species they are, so why should I be any different?

Quote from: GreenBlade64
Sonic: Did you know that Mighty has a sister named Matilda?

He had mentioned her once or twice, yeah, and I know he and Ray went searching for her a little while back. We've all lost friends and family thanks to Eggman so I hope they’re able to find her and bring her home.

Shard: How do you feel about each of your teammates in the Secret Freedom Fighters? What is it about each member that inspires you to become stronger?

With Silver, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who's made some pretty boneheaded mistakes. Heh. We've both got a ways to go before we're able to make up with Sonic, and much as I like to tease Mr. Traitor I know he means well.

Then there’s Mr. Super Jinx - I LOVE that guy. He’s all like, holycrapI’mgoingtokillusallpleasedon’tmakemedothething, and I’m like - yeah, do the thing. The dude spazzes out at the sight of a cockroach and it’s the funniest thing you’ll see for a month. And he’s a secret agent willing to fight an all powerful wizard-king. If that doesn’t make you want to back the guy up, I think you’re in the wrong line of work.

As for Elias, dude’s had it rough, but he could try to have a little more fun every now and then. I mean, if you’re going to be running around in uniform pajamas you might as well act like it. We’ll take the bad guys down and rescue his damsel in distress sister no sweat. I will say the dude doesn’t waste any time, which is my kind of approach.

Then there’s our covert kitty, she’s got a lot of the same problems as Elias. Dudette can’t crack a joke and always has the same boring “Mission Accepted” face on her. I know she’s done this before and all, but you’d hope that would mean she’d be a little more at ease, you know? I’ve tried to sneak up when I know she can’t see me so I’ll spook her into flipping out and I… I see her looking at his picture again. It’s… cruddy that she has to deal with that. You know, I actually kind of understand the skunk. If I thought she was here, I’d never have switched sides; and if she was gone… but that wouldn’t make everything else worthless either, right? ...okay, too heavy.

And last but not least we have he who speaks in proverbs. When we need him, he’s always there to say something he believes will help us while we believe it will put us to sleep. He gives us things to think about; because otherwise there’s no way we’d be able to understand what he’s saying. He opens our minds to - okay I’m joking, he’s pretty cool. Someone needs to update him on style, but he’s got what it takes to pull the lot of us together. I’ve got myself a team just like Sonic, and I know this old bird will help me know how to lead them anywhere.

Snively: Do you ever plan on proposing to the Iron Queen anytime soon? As King and Queen, how would you be able to dominate Mobius after disposing of Eggman for good?

Either you're horribly ignorant or you're trying to mock me. Either way, LOOK WHERE I AM! How do you think I'm going to propose to Regina when I'M STUCK IN THIS TINY PRISON EGG FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE?!?

*sobs*

Quote from: darkpit06
First up, Scourge! Aside from Fiona, how do you feel about the other members of the Destructix, including former members Drago and Sleuth?

Another question for the king? You've got mighty fine taste, kid.

Didn't care much for the gang before, but having to earn their loyalty certainly changed things. I dig their style overall, we’ve had a lotta fun bashing heads together. ‘Cept for that Drago guy, what a pathetic little numbskull. Guy tried to be intimidating but failed so hard every time. Serves him right, didn’t surprise me one bit when I learned he jumped ship. Flying still creeps me the heck out, though, I gotta keep my eye on him. His body count is probably higher than mine, which is really saying somethin’.

Next up, Julie-Su! What was the most intense mission you've been through with the Chaotix?

Our first mission stopping that Downtown criminal was pretty rough. But I dunno if that'd count as being "with" the others, since half the time they were incapacitated from eating poison sauce...? The most harrowing time was, of course, when Knux got turned into Enerjak but it’s the same thing, I wasn’t with the Chaotix most of the time.

I suppose when you get right down to it it’d have to be either the return to Angel Island or our most recent mission to Albion. For the former, it was not easy seeing what Eggman and the Dingo Regime did to our people in our absence, and worse when Hunter showed up and sent another chunk of our kind to die in the Egg Grapes. Thank goodness Knuckles was able to stop him. The odds were really against us in Albion too. My lunatic sister, the Legion, Metal Knuckles, Thrash and his devil dogs - except, well, that was just with Knuckles and Saffron, so would that count either?

Heh. Yeah, sorry I couldn’t give you a more solid answer but it really depends on how you look at things.

Lastly, a question for Rob O' The Hedge: Who do think's the bigger threat: the High Sheriff or Mordred Hood? Sure, the High Sheriff roboticized most of your people, but Hood tried to kill your son, Little Jon!

Both of the varlets are vile in their own ways. On th’ one hand you have the High Sheriff, dastardly bloke who roboticized my boon companions. On th’ other, General D’Coolette was just as much a victim as he and was able to be changed back. Hood is a recreant villain without such options.

Quote from: SegaSonicX99
Bunnie-I know you think that you failed Antoine and the Freedom Fighters, but why would you join the Dark Egg Legion? You have literally joined the one group you have spent your life fighting.

Don't mean to be rude, but Ah don't think you have any idea what yo’ talking about. Let’s get something straight: Ah was completely powerless when Eggman attacked Elias and couldn’t protect mah husband. Ah ain’t gonna let that happen again and the only way to do that is to get mah cybernetics back. We’ve had our disagreements but Ah trust mah uncle.

Jules-Have you ever considered asking Nicole for a nanite exoskeleton like Rotor? You could make it look like your old self and you could go out without feeling different.

It's not how you look that matters. It’s who you are on the inside. I can’t hide what I am and I’m content with that.

Then again. I suppose you could make the argument that I’m still a living being at my core, regardless of what I look. But at the same time I’d still be different even if I took you up on that idea. I can’t eat, drink, sleep, I don’t breathe and my feet clang around when I walk on pavement. No, I wouldn’t do it.

But to tell you the truth, I'm also not very keen on the idea for another reason, namely the nanites. I do trust Nicole, don't get me wrong, but I was infected by them once. After seeing what happened to Tommy I don’t think I’d feel comfortable walking around in a shell of those things. I’m glad they helped Rotor but it’s not for me.

Dimitri-If you ever die, what do you want to be remembered for?

That I did everything I could to save the Dark...no, all of the echidnas from Dr. Robotnik. Most of my actions have been motivated by hubris and self-interest. I can never hope to atone for all of my mistakes, but I swore to the Guardian that I would spend the rest of my life trying to fix the mess I caused.

Quote from: Singapore Sling
Sonic, what's your favorite brand of vape pen?

Sonic sez: drugs are uncool.

Quote from: legoland1085
I know this might not be my best question. For Walt Wallabee, is there a limits to you carrying others in your pouch?

Do you run out of room to carry things in your pocket? What kind of question is that, mate?

Quote from: Ian PK
To Mecha Sally: What do you remember from your life as a Mobian?

This unit has access to all records of its previous “life” and references them as needed in service to the Eggman Empire.

To Scourge: Just between me and you... do you really love Fiona?

What’s not to like? Babe’s hotter than any girls you could name and that mean streak’s hella sexy. That makes her plenty worthy of swinging with the king.

To Regina Ferrum (Post-Scrambled): Does Snively seem a little... off to you?

If you’re referring to his unconditional obedience, I did notice! I’m so pleased my darling Snivy-kins has finally figured out who really has the power in this relationship~

Princess Sally, why is the sky?

”Why is the sky” what? What are you even asking?

Antoine, what's your favorite anime that Rotor hates?

Animeh? What ez zat? Ah, you mean the human-place cahtoon things. I have seen’ed them in Station Square un or deux times auparavant. Thare is ze wonderful movie about ze brave warrior preencess who is fighting for her kingdom against ze no good invaders from afar. She iz beautiful et elegant and ze pride of her people, and she exemplifie compassion in ze face of adversity. Eet ez ze beautiful feelm by ze Meeyahzahkee person.

Rotor does not so much hate ze film doh, he is just finding ze preencess eetsy bit too parfait et ze accentuation to nahture too “een your face”. He does like ze flying machines doh.

Quote from: NxtWaltDisney
To Harvey Who: What's your next plan of action?

We play it by ear and remain in the shadows. When Naugus makes his next move we’ll be ready for him.

Keep it a secret to everybody.

To Elias: How do you feel now that your sister is a weapon of mass destruction?

Sick to my stomach and blaming myself for not being able to prioritize getting her back.

How do you think I feel?

To Rotor: Is being a leader hard for you?

Not especially. I spent my childhood under Sally’s leadership and she trusted me enough to give me a place on the Knothole Council. Then I sat on the Mobotropolis Restoration Committee and Acorn Council, so yeah, I’d say I have plenty of experience under my belt. Of course leading troops on the field is a bit different than administration but I’ve seen enough of how Sally does things to manage, and it helps that everyone is capable. It wasn't too hard to figure out each member’s strengths and weaknesses so I can send them to where they can do the most good.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:25:10 PM by The Shadow Imperator »

Offline darkpit06

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 07:50:59 PM »
I. LOVE. THIS. THREAD.