21/06/18 - 09:12 AM

Poll

Who is your favorite Boom-exclusive character and why?

Sticks the Badger
7 (58.3%)
Comedy Chimp
0 (0%)
Fastidious Beaver
0 (0%)
Kyle the Gorilla
0 (0%)
Perci the Bandicoot
2 (16.7%)
Swifty the Shrew
2 (16.7%)
Dave the Intern
0 (0%)
Gogoba Chief
0 (0%)
Justin Beaver
0 (0%)
Nominatus
0 (0%)
Other
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Favorite Sonic Boom Character?  (Read 1186 times)

Offline GreenBlade64

Favorite Sonic Boom Character?
« on: May 19, 2016, 08:51:03 PM »
Greetings, everyone! We've seen a lot of crazy and wacky characters in this series, whether they're intentionally annoying, a copy of two other rivals who are green, a silly parody of a singer, and so much more. Out of everyone that you've witnessed thus far, who would be your favorite in terms of design and personality? My favorite would have to be Swifty the Shrew because his voice is so dope and radical. His design is very Hawaiian-like too, which is something I adore a lot. He's also the most charismatic character in the series, IMO (even though, he was only a one-shot character).
"C'mon, step it up!" -Sonic, SSBB

Offline RaceProUK

Re: Favorite Sonic Boom Character?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 04:51:54 AM »
The only two of those that have any real depth are Sticks and Dave, so really, it has to be one of those two.

So, question is, do you choose the living embodiment of paranoia, or the world's most hopeless supervillian? I've made my choice.

Singapore Sling

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 09:39:21 AM »
Charlie is the Boom character for the discerning enthusiast.

Offline SBR

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 11:04:33 AM »
Sticks because she's the best. Comedy Chimp is like everything I love about Krusty the Clown kiddified. Dave The Intern because I just love Fast Food Jokes.
"Ian Flynn is if Dan Slott used his powers for good instead of evil." ~CameronSamurai from Rangerboard.

Offline GreenBlade64

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 12:47:13 PM »
Sticks because she's the best. Comedy Chimp is like everything I love about Krusty the Clown kiddified. Dave The Intern because I just love Fast Food Jokes.

Sticks is pretty popular nowadays, isn't she? Her personality in the 3DS version of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is more enjoyable, because she can still be frantic and energetic, w/o having the need to rant about conspiracy theories.

I wish Swifty could return in Fire and Ice, if it were possible. Sadly, that may not be the case. He has a lot in common with Manic, Jet, and Scourge...
"C'mon, step it up!" -Sonic, SSBB

Offline Miru

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 04:21:51 PM »
It's complex, and depends on how one defines Sonic Boom. Is it Frost's "Sonic Synergy" or Frieberger's "Comedy Chimp Boom"?

For one thing, Sonic Team's Sticks the Badger immediately stands out. Her Sonic Team version is actually more tolerable than her conspiracy-ranting Boom version. She has a great design too, even though it is too close to their prior Marine. From the non-ST cast, Perci is the only one I like. Frost's other characters are fairly unmemorable.

On the Freiberger side of things, Lady Goat seems like the perfect NPC character for Sonic. She fits into the general style of the series, has earth-toned colors, and a generally appealing design. She feels like the perfect damsel in distress, from the red dress to her general innocence. I like her belt-buckle too. And who could forget Zooey? She's cute! I like how her hair is more part of her than many other characters's hairdos, something I only really saw in a prior adaptation with Tekno and arguably Morain, and certainly not on television. (the reboot of Archie was probably developed around the same time) Her dress is nice too.

Notably, there's a verifable circus of inept baddies, which would be fun if we didn't have the Deadly Six and three inept Eggmen in major media around the same period. And even then, this Eggman is one of the more inept ones.