11/12/17 - 08:57 AM

Author Topic: The Editors  (Read 2184 times)

Offline The Shadow Imperator

• Imperious Mod of Twilight
  • For the artists. For the writers. For the editors. For the directors.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Editors
« on: June 05, 2016, 08:29:54 PM »
Here's a quick run-down of the editors and what their positions entail.

TuxKnux and I are the editors-in-chief of the project. Along with Gigi-D we share script editing authority and are in charge of reviewing tryout submissions. We also work with the head writer, GentlemanX, to determine and refine the project's direction. If you ever have questions or concerns, send one of us a PM.

Gigi-D is our script editor. She will look over scripts produced for Mobius Legends, Sonic the Hedgehog Online and Sonic Universe Online for copy editing, polishing, re-formatting and rewriting if need be.

Gigi-D and Tim "J" will both act as art editors in the Works subforum, offering suggestions and critique during all stages of page creation.

As with Directors, both of them have the authority to accept or decline applicants in the Tryout subforum.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:14:15 PM by The Shadow Imperator »

Offline Tim J

• Tim "J" Campbell
  • For the writers. For the artists. For the editors.
    • View Profile
    • Sea3on
    • Awards
Re: The Editors
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 09:29:08 PM »
I am so honored to have this position, thank you directors for asking me and entrusting me with this responsibility.

I don't want to interrupt the creative process, so just...keep doing what you're doing and I'll be checking all the projects for updates. Certainly, if I believe there's something above and beyond that can help the page, I'll give my two cents. But mainly I'll be looking for inconsistencies, panel work, perspective issues, etc. Basic art necessities. I'll especially be looking to see if it's ready to be re-translated by the next artist. If it doesn't meet standards, I have final say until it does. Don't worry, it's not as scary as it sounds. XD

Other than that part, it is now my job to be your art guru. (lol) If the comic creation staff need anything art related, like critique, advice how to do something, or if you should/should not do something, I'll do my very best to help you out. I'm not the greatest color artist in the world, but if I can help, I'll do whatever I can.

People NOT on the comic creation staff. Do not approach me about your artwork. No offense, I'm here for the comic creation staff. If you wanna contribute to the project, please post in the try out forum with your work. Thank you. :3

Singapore Sling

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 10:04:36 PM »
In order to submit a script to me you must run through the Wheels of Screams, where all of your life's shames will murder your happiest memories to distract you from reaching the chalice. The chalice contains my approval of you, the words your father never said.

The world will watch as you do this.

Offline Ian PK

• tell me i'm cool
  • For the artists. For the editors. For the writers.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 10:25:13 PM »
Wait, so I'm confused. Are Sling and Tim just the head editors for their respective categories, or has every single other Editor been demoted?

Offline Specs64z

• For the writers.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 10:31:12 PM »
In order to submit a script to me you must run through the Wheels of Screams, where all of your life's shames will murder your happiest memories to distract you from reaching the chalice. The chalice contains my approval of you, the words your father never said.

You should publish a book filled with every post you have ever made so I can buy it and preserve it for posterity.
PK Rockin'

Offline Tim J

• Tim "J" Campbell
  • For the writers. For the artists. For the editors.
    • View Profile
    • Sea3on
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 10:45:46 PM »
Ian: I'm not aware of any changes to the other editors. As far as I know, I've just been put in charge of, as you said, my respective category.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 10:56:46 PM »
Previously, the Directors were handling all the editing work ourselves. We decided to get a script editor to help us with the workload but that doesn't mean we're stepping down. In Tim "J"'s case specifically, nobody on staff knew the ins and outs of the artistic process so it made sense to find someone who did.

Offline Fandom cop

• Sonic Sez
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 01:52:52 AM »

Well I'm up for it

Offline DoNotDelete

• One of those anthroplane people
  • For the artists.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 04:38:00 AM »
I'd like to be involved with the editorial part of the site/comic but I don't think I could trawl though Sonic fan scripts endlessly. One after another. Day after day.

You must have eyeballs of steel, Singapore Sling.

"We're all of us works in progress." Megatron: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye

Singapore Sling

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 09:23:33 AM »
You must have eyeballs of steel, Singapore Sling.

Nothing I've read on this site has been as bad as some other projects I was involved in (that failed to get off the ground, unfortunately).

The stories I could tell.

Offline Fandom cop

• Sonic Sez
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 11:00:03 AM »
Nothing I've read on this site has been as bad as some other projects I was involved in (that failed to get off the ground, unfortunately).

The stories I could tell.

At least you got to work on cool projects. I'd be lying if I said I'm not jealous

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 10:35:23 PM »
OP updated. @Gigi-D is our new script editor! She will also have art editing authority alongside Tim "J".

Offline Gigi-D

• I make comics for fun!
    • View Profile
    • Gigi's Deviantart!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 08:24:47 AM »
This is an amazing honor! I won't let you down!

Offline legoland1085

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 03:26:44 PM »
This is an amazing honor! I won't let you down!

Congrats.  ;D